The Taliban claimed early Friday that its jihadis were responsible for shooting down an American C-130 Hercules airplane, according to reports. Initial reports stated that at least 10 people were killed when the US plane crashed at an airport in Jalalabad, Afghanistan.
“Our mujahideen have shot down a four-engine US aircraft in Jalalabad,” Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid said on Twitter. “Based on credible information 15 invading forces and a number of puppet troops were killed,” he added.
Six United States troops were killed when the plane crashed at the eastern Afghanistan airport, U.S. officials said. No details have been released by the U.S. or NATO related to the cause of the crash.
“The crew and passengers were killed,” Army Col Brian Tribus said in a statement, adding that five civilian military contractors were killed in the crash. He said that the contractors were engaging in operation “Resolute Support,” a NATO initiative in Afghanistan.
The Lockheed Martin C-130 Hercules is a turboprop military plane that was first introduced in 1954. Its primary mission entails transporting troops and cargo, although the aircraft has been converted into a gunship and has been used for other civilian operations. The transport aircraft is known for its durability and reliability, often taking off and landing in hostile conditions.
The last time Taliban terrorists successfully took down a U.S. military plane was in 2011, when the jihadis shot down a U.S. Chinook helicopter, resulting in the deaths of 38 U.S. soldiers.
The Taliban’s unconfirmed claim that it shot down the U.S. military plane comes as the militant jihadi group has continued a relatively unchecked offensive throughout Afghanistan. On Thursday, the insurgent group successfully took over the northern Afghan city of Kunduz.
Read more: breitbart.com
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Cop Mohammed Noor Shot Yoga Teacher From Patrol Car, While Reaching Over His Partner
- Officer Mohamed Noor Refuses to Cooperate With Investigators After Shooting Dead Yoga Teacher
- Trump Admin Wins Second Time with Travel Ban, Strict Enforcement…
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- 10,000 New ICE Agents are Ordered to Crackdown on Sanctuary Cities
- Congress Fails to Include Majority of Trump’s Budget Cuts in House GOP Budget Plan
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- Susan Rice Is Not Going to Testify About Unmasking Trump Supporters
- College Students Love Socialism, But Can’t Define It [VIDEO]
- Yoga Teacher Shot Down by Police After Calling in a Possible Assault
- Krauthammer Calls GOP Repeal and Replace an ‘Epic Fail’, Reveals Why in Detail
- This Dude Says ‘Diversity’ is Code Word for ‘Non-White’, Do You Agree? [Video]
- Chris Hemsworth Thinks a Woman Should be the New Bond…
- Kid Rock Releases Senate Platform: ‘If You Work Your Butt Off and Pay Taxes…’
- Harvard Law Professor, Alan Dershowitz: Liberals Searching for ‘Crimes That Don’t Exist’