A registered sex offender was arrested in Maine in connection with the murder of a 16-year-old girl more than 35 years ago.
Philip Fournier was taken into custody Friday after being accused in the beating death of 16-year-old Joyce McLain, Maine State Police said. Fournier, 55, of East Millinocket, Maine, was 19 at the time of the girl’s death.
On the evening of Aug. 8, 1980, Joyce left her home to go jogging and her body was found near a high school two days later, police said.
Maine State Police Col. Robert Williams said Friday there wasn’t one particular piece of evidence that led to Fournier’s recent arrest, but instead it was the “accumulation” of work over the years.
It’s unclear how well Fournier knew the victim, Williams said, but police believe the two were acquainted. McLain’s mother expressed her relief after the arrest.
Read more: ABC News
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Trump’s Travel Ban Reinstated by Supreme Court
- Watch: One Person’s Fit of Road Rage Backfires, Cause Insane Chain Reaction