After the Senate was notified that dozens of emails on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private server had classified information regarding special access programs, or SAP, the Clinton presidential campaign referenced the 1990s playbook and targeted the investigator.
In this case, it was Intelligence Community Inspector General Charles McCullough that made the determination in a letter to the Senate Intelligence Committee and Senate Foreign Affairs Committee.
Here’s some information on McCullough’s mostly apolitical past in government.
1. Barack Obama Appointee
McCullough had been a career civil servant who had worked for administrations in both parties before President Barack Obama nominated him on Aug. 2, 2011 to be the first inspector general of the intelligence community.
The Senate unanimously confirmed him on Nov. 7, 2011 for the position to serve as the internal watchdog for 16 intelligence agencies and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
In this position, he handles audits of the various intelligence agenies, and is also th chairman of the IC IG Forum that includes inspectors general from other intelligence agencies to promote collaboration.
2. What Democrats Think of Him
After McCullough was nominated, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif), then-chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said he was well qualified.
Read more: The Blaze
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- NBA Star Charles Barkley Disses Confederate Statue Obsession — Tells Black Community to Focus on These 3 Things Instead
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- Watch: President Trump Issues New Threat to North Korea, ‘Things Will Happen to Them Like They Never Thought Possible’
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘I Hope Trump Is Assassinated!’
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”
- Crucified: ISIS Crucifies 8 Christians for Converting Out of Islam
- Krauthammer: If You Take Up Arms Against The United States You Have Forfeited Your Rights
- REPORT: Rabid Hillary Supporters Harass and Attack Electoral College Voters