After the Senate was notified that dozens of emails on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private server had classified information regarding special access programs, or SAP, the Clinton presidential campaign referenced the 1990s playbook and targeted the investigator.
In this case, it was Intelligence Community Inspector General Charles McCullough that made the determination in a letter to the Senate Intelligence Committee and Senate Foreign Affairs Committee.
Here’s some information on McCullough’s mostly apolitical past in government.
1. Barack Obama Appointee
McCullough had been a career civil servant who had worked for administrations in both parties before President Barack Obama nominated him on Aug. 2, 2011 to be the first inspector general of the intelligence community.
The Senate unanimously confirmed him on Nov. 7, 2011 for the position to serve as the internal watchdog for 16 intelligence agencies and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
In this position, he handles audits of the various intelligence agenies, and is also th chairman of the IC IG Forum that includes inspectors general from other intelligence agencies to promote collaboration.
2. What Democrats Think of Him
After McCullough was nominated, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif), then-chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said he was well qualified.
Read more: The Blaze
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking
- WATCH: Ted Nugent Goes After David Hogg — ‘So Brainwashed’ He Can’t ‘be Fixed’
- Bill Clinton: NY Times and Trump Colluded to Defeat Hillary
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- VIDEO: Armed Citizen Kills Restaurant Shooter
- BREAKING: FBI Files Linking Hillary Clinton to SUICIDE of White House Council Vince Foster Go MISSING
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- WATCH: The Moment #Ferguson Thug Pulled Out his Gun to Shoot at Cops
- SPRING BREAK HORRORS: Cops on the Search for Naked Female ‘Who May Be in Danger’ after Seen Trying to Flee Group of Guys
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- Formerly Known Boy Scouts Loses Over 400,000 Members
- WATCH: The Video Gun Controllers Are Terrified Of
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation