After the Senate was notified that dozens of emails on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s private server had classified information regarding special access programs, or SAP, the Clinton presidential campaign referenced the 1990s playbook and targeted the investigator.
In this case, it was Intelligence Community Inspector General Charles McCullough that made the determination in a letter to the Senate Intelligence Committee and Senate Foreign Affairs Committee.
Here’s some information on McCullough’s mostly apolitical past in government.
1. Barack Obama Appointee
McCullough had been a career civil servant who had worked for administrations in both parties before President Barack Obama nominated him on Aug. 2, 2011 to be the first inspector general of the intelligence community.
The Senate unanimously confirmed him on Nov. 7, 2011 for the position to serve as the internal watchdog for 16 intelligence agencies and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
In this position, he handles audits of the various intelligence agenies, and is also th chairman of the IC IG Forum that includes inspectors general from other intelligence agencies to promote collaboration.
2. What Democrats Think of Him
After McCullough was nominated, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif), then-chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said he was well qualified.
Read more: The Blaze
- CA Democrats Want to Spend $1 Billion So Illegal Immigrants Can Have…
- OBAMA: ‘People Will Look Back… And See I Was Right And Trump Was Wrong’
- 90,000 Christians Killed Because of Faith and Joy Behar Decides to Mock Them [VIDEO]
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- WATCH: CNN Anchor Says Americans Should Wear HIJABS to Show Solidarity to Fearful Muslims
- WATCH: Chicago Declared ‘Trump-Free Zone’
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied Claims ‘Islam is The MOST Feminist Religion’
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case
- WATCH: Gang of Thugs Prove Why Every Single Woman Needs a Gun at Home
- POLL: TV Host Suggests Obama be Brought Back from Overseas by U.S. Marshals After What He Did to Trump — Do You Agree?
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- Thug Grabs the Wrong Girl’s Butt, Gets KNOCKED OUT in Viral Video
- WATCH: Sarah Palin Says She’s Never Been Sexually Harassed Because Everyone Knows She Has a…
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them