Most Americans probably consider female genital mutilation (FGM) to be a problem relegated to Third World countries, particularly in Africa and the Middle East. Yet a new report released by the nonprofit Population Reference Bureau (PRB) indicates that the number of women and girls in the United States who had undergone or who were in risk of being subjected to FGM has more than doubled since 2000 to almost half a million.
According to the PRB’s report, most of the women in the U.S. who were at risk of FGM were born in Egypt, Somalia or Ethiopia or were born to parents from those countries.
Read more: clarionproject.org
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Mistakes First Time Buyers Make When Buying A Gun And How To Avoid Them
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- ASHLEY MADISON FOUNDER: Emails Reveal His Wife Might Want to Divorce Him…
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- 5 Legal Stupidities on the 9th Circuit Court Keeping it’s Ruling Against Trump’s Travel Ban
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”
- Building the World’s Smallest 10mm Pistol