Most people wouldn’t consider James Jones a good guy. He sold drugs, according to his family. He’d been in prison and was out on parole, the Chicago Sun-Times is reporting.
But Saturday, when a man started shooting at Jones and his mother on the South Side, the 21-year-old covered his mother’s body with his own, shielding her and saving her life, said Dietra Luckett, Jones’ aunt.
“My sister just so happened to be coming out the front door,” Luckett said. “He took his body and put it on top of her body. He covered her body.”
Alicia Jones, 46, was wounded but survived. She underwent surgery at Advocate Christ Medical Center.
She knows her son saved her life, Luckett said, but doesn’t know he’s gone. Her sister said she’s been asking for him, saying, “Where’s James?”
The shooting happened around noon in the 8400 block of South Colfax in South Chicago. James Jones and his mother were on their front porch when a man walked out of a gangway and fired in their direction, the police said.
Luckett said her nephew had just gotten home from buying loose cigarettes at a neighbor’s home.
She said while he was there, someone “said something to him,” but James Jones “just rolled off on his bike and didn’t think nothing of it.”
Read more: myfoxchicago.com
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Student David Hogg Demands People ‘Work Together’, But Calls the NRA ‘Child Murderers’
- Couple Caught Sexually Abusing Their Kids and Family Dog
- Parkland High School: Broward County Sheriff Captain Who Ordered Officers to Secure “Perimeter” Identified
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- Poll: Should NFL Fans Get a Refund if Players Kneel During Anthem?
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- Second Amendment Group Has Surge of Membership at 1200% for 18-20 Year-Olds
- PRO GUN WIN: See How this Judge Just Changed the Game for Gun Owners
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- Dropped: Charges Against the Bundy Family are Dismissed
- Tinder Date Turns to Homicide: ‘Mama’s Boy’ Dismembers Woman’s Body
- DOJ Unleashes More Documents on Operation Fast & Furious