The downcast husband of prison worker Joyce Mitchell was photographed for the first time since the Shawshank scandal as he visited his wife in jail – but insisted there was ‘no way’ he was standing behind her.
Lyle Mitchell went to see wife despite allegations that she had sex with both Richard Matt, 48, and 35-year-old David Sweat while they were serving time at the Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora, New York, and had plotted to have him killed.
Mr Mitchell surprised prison officials when he turned up at the prison at 8am to see his wife without an appointment, being captured by ABC as he exited the jail.
He was processed through security and allowed to speak to Joyce through a glass window and in a cubicle.
A source said: ‘They didn’t show any emotion and spoke very quietly. He left after an hour without incident and she seemed pleased to have seen him.’
But after the visit an attorney for Mr Mitchell denied he was standing by his unfaithful wife.
Peter Dumas said: ‘Nothing could be further from the truth. he said there’s no way I’m standing behind her’.
However, Mrs Mitchell’s attorney had a different version of events.
Stephen Johnston said her husband was still supportive and he dismissed any notion that she had plotted to have him killed.
Meanwhile a law enforcement officer who knows Joyce Mitchell has claimed that she had sex with Matt multiple times while he was incarcerated.
His revelation comes days after it was revealed that Mitchell was investigated for having a sexual relationship with Sweat, and that she may have wanted the two men to kill her husband.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Actors Blame Trump for Hawaii False Alarm — Jim Carrey “We are headed for suffering beyond all imagination.”
- Parents Shackled Thirteen Children to Bed — Starving Them and Forcing to Recite the Bible
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- 22 U.S. States Have Passed “Bring Your Gun to Work” Laws
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- New ‘Sanctuary State’ Signs Posted on California Highways Perfectly Describe the Idiocy of the New Law
- INSANE: Cops Kill Puppy that was Walking Away From Them [VIDEO]
- Report: Research Firm Who Made Fake Trump Dossier Admits They Used McCain on Purpose
- Robert de Niro Loses His Mind in Speech: President Trump is a ‘F***ing Fool,’ ‘F***ing Idiot’ [Watch]
- POWERFUL: Cop Stands in the Place of Student’s Deceased Parents at Graduation
- Watch: Chelsea Manning is Running for Senate and the Campaign Ad Will Make You Cry with Laughter