The U.S. military said Wednesday it was aware of a purported hacking attack by Islamic State group supporters who posted on Tuesday what they claimed to be the personal information of hundreds of U.S. servicemen and women.
“We are aware of the report but cannot confirm credibility at this time,” a Pentagon spokesman told TheBlaze, adding, “The safety of our service members is always a primary concern.”
The group, which calls itself the “Islamic State Hacking Division,” said it hacked into U.S. military computers and released the personal information of military and government personnel, including alleged names, addresses, military-issued email addresses, passwords and credit card information.
The hackers called for the information to be used for lone wolf attacks in the U.S. against servicemen and women.
Their message called specifically to “strike at your necks,” a reference to the jihadist group’s preferred execution method of beheading.
“They have us on their ‘hit list’, and we have them on ours too,” was one message that accompanied the release of the information, the Australian Associated Press reported Wednesday.
Read more: The Blaze
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- Trey Gowdy Slams McCabe: ‘Fellow Bureau Agents’ Suggested He Be Fired, Not Trump’s Fault
- ‘Nails and Shrapnel’: Bomb Headed to Austin Explodes at FedEx
- PETA Bounty: Alleged Frenchman Kicks Squirrel into Grand Canyon, PETA Places $16K Bounty on His Head
- Why I Killed Jeffrey Dahmer
- VIDEO: Donald Hits Back at CNN–‘The CLINTON News Network’
- Watch: Feminist Wants to Ban the Word “Man” — Tucker Has His Fun
- Obama Repeals ObamaCare
- WATCH: CNN Goes to Gun Range to Shoot AR-15, Proves Gun-Controllers Have No Clue What They are Talking About
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Self-Proclaimed ‘Trump Supporter’ Breaches Security at Tower With Bag of Weapons & Fireworks… to ‘Study’ for School
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- NAKED SPRING BREAKER FOUND: Un-Harmmed and Underaged, the Female Photographed Came Forward to the Police
- Report: Shooting at Maryland School — Armed Resource Officer Does His Job and Saves Dozens
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- Barbra Streisand: I’m No #MeToo Victim, I Was Never Sexually Harassed
- KICK THE KICK: New Recoil Pad Takes The Shock Out Of The Shot