The Export-Import bank expired the end of June and it should be allowed to stay dead. I wrote a piece for Townhall.com about the Ex-Im bank mid-June and laid out the reasons why this crony financial institution backed by taxpayer dollars should go the way of the dodo bird.
There are three reasons why the Ex-Im Bank is a horrible idea for a free enterprise opportunity economic system:
1. It duplicates private venture capital
2. It is nothing more than corporate welfare
3. It is a perverse manner of granting foreign aid
The federal government has no business being in the business of economic cronyism and corruption by using American taxpayer dollars for venture capitalism. Government ends up using tax dollars to select the winners and losers in the private sector. This is a horrible idea — so why is the GOP majority in the Senate supporting it?
On Sunday, while we were enjoying church and family time, the GOP-controlled U.S. Senate voted to end cloture, 67-26, on the highway transportation bill — which is up for renewal the end of this month. The sad thing is that the Export-Import Bank reauthorization is attached to the Highway Transportation Bill.
Yes, ladies and gents, the exact thing the GOP Congressional leadership said they would not do — attach unrelated amendments to bills because they could not stand alone in passing – they did. It is the vile DC game we believed (hoped?) the GOP would not play, but I guess they lied. And they were called out by only one Senator.
As reported by Fox News, “An extraordinary scene unfolded on the Senate floor Friday as Republican Sen. Ted Cruz bluntly accused Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of lying and said he’s running the Senate like his Democratic predecessor. The charges from the Texas senator and GOP presidential candidate were a rare departure from the Senate’s usual staid decorum, even for a politician famous for his fiery speeches.
We posted the Cruz speech yesterday. You can watch it here.
At issue were assurances Cruz claimed McConnell, R-Ky., had given that there was no deal to allow a vote to renew the federal Export-Import Bank — a little-known federal agency that has become a rallying cry for conservatives. Cruz rose to deliver his remarks moments after McConnell had lined up a vote on the bank.
“It saddens me to say this. I sat in my office, I told my staff the majority leader looked me in the eye and looked 54 Republicans in the eye. I cannot believe he would tell a flat-out lie, and I voted based on those assurances that he made to each and every one of us,” Cruz said.
“What we just saw today was an absolute demonstration that not only what he told every Republican senator, but what he told the press over and over and over again, was a simple lie.”
Read more: allenbwest.com
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- Rosie O’Donnell Apologizes to Tyrant Kim Jong-un for President Trump’s Behavior… [VIDEO]
- Susan Rice Tells Trump to ‘Tolerate’ Nuclear North Korea — What Do You Say?
- Hey Ladies: Here is a List of Compact 9mm Concealed Carry Guns that Cost Less Than $600