As reported by the Associated Press, U.S. Defense Department Special Envoy for Guantanamo Detention Closure Paul Lewis testified in the House Foreign Relations Committee today that former prisoners released from the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have killed Americans.
Rohrabacher: “We say that about 30 percent, or whatever that figure is–that have been released–have returned to terrorist activities. How many lives have been lost by those terrorists who went back to their terrorist activity?”
Lewis: “I can talk about that in a classified setting, but—“
Rohrabacher: “Oh, classified?”
Rohrabacher: “So, is it over ten?”
Lewis: “Sir, what I can tell you is, unfortunately, there have been Americans that have died because of Gitmo detainees.”
Rohrabacher: “How many Americans have to die, how many people in Brussels or Paris have to die, civilians? What is the threshold at that point—well, maybe we will keep them under control in Gitmo?”
Lewis: “Sir, when anybody dies it’s a tragedy. And we don’t want anybody to die because we transfer detainees. However, it’s best judgment and the considered judgment of this administration, and the previous administration, that the risk of keeping Gitmo open is outweighed—that we should close Gitmo. That–
Rohrabacher: “So, the innocent people who are going to lose their lives because of this, they are just part of the equation?”
Lewis: “No, sir. They’re a risks–
Rohrabacher: “I am sorry, I want to tell you this much. As far as I am concerned, if one child is saved because she would have been blown up by someone who is being released, it’s better to keep all 90 of those people in Gitmo. And this idea that the people of the world—Oh, they are so upset with us, that it’s a recruiting vehicle—that we’ve kept terrorists, who murder innocent people, in Gitmo. Well, you know what, I think that the bigger recruiting tool today is when our government—especially this administration—is perceived as being weak. I think terrorists are recruited not because we’ve held other terrorists in prison but because we look like we are weak and cannot deal with the challenge.
“This disgusts me, thank you very much.
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- National Security Council Unable to Release Susan Rice Documents Because They’re in Obama’s…
- Hillary Clinton & Co. About to be Stripped of Security Clearance
- Migrants Kill Motorist by Dragging Tree-Trunks to Stop Traffic, Hijack Cars
- Why We Carry: Man Punches Girl 39 Times in Empty Parking Lot After ‘Laying in Wait’ [WATCH]
- Is Obama At Fault For Otto Warmbier’s Death? Victim’s Father Sheds Some Light On The Former President
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!
- When Marco Met Ivanka: The Most Awkward Hug in Political History
- GROSS! What Women are Doing in the Name of Feminism Will Make You Puke
- Watch: Dude Performs Erotic Drag Show for Elementary & Middle School Kids
- Chelsea Clinton Falls For Bannon’s Joke — Goes On Bizarre Twitter Rant
- Terrorist Knifeman Attacks Cop at Airport Shouts ‘Allahu Akbar’ [VIDEO]
- Trump Sends Kim Jong-un a Loud and Clear Message After Otto’s Death
- Trevor Noah Targets NRA: ‘How Does a Black Person Not Get Shot in America?’ [VIDEO]
- New Report Exposes Millions of Illegal Immigrants Have Voted in U.S. Elections
- Photo Gallery
- A TRUE HERO: Watch The Moment US Special Forces Soldier-Turned Aid Worker Runs Through GUNFIRE To Save A Child From ISIS
- Insane! Man Faces Jail Time for ‘Disturbing’ Manatees by Throwing Bucket of…