As reported by the Associated Press, U.S. Defense Department Special Envoy for Guantanamo Detention Closure Paul Lewis testified in the House Foreign Relations Committee today that former prisoners released from the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have killed Americans.
Rohrabacher: “We say that about 30 percent, or whatever that figure is–that have been released–have returned to terrorist activities. How many lives have been lost by those terrorists who went back to their terrorist activity?”
Lewis: “I can talk about that in a classified setting, but—“
Rohrabacher: “Oh, classified?”
Rohrabacher: “So, is it over ten?”
Lewis: “Sir, what I can tell you is, unfortunately, there have been Americans that have died because of Gitmo detainees.”
Rohrabacher: “How many Americans have to die, how many people in Brussels or Paris have to die, civilians? What is the threshold at that point—well, maybe we will keep them under control in Gitmo?”
Lewis: “Sir, when anybody dies it’s a tragedy. And we don’t want anybody to die because we transfer detainees. However, it’s best judgment and the considered judgment of this administration, and the previous administration, that the risk of keeping Gitmo open is outweighed—that we should close Gitmo. That–
Rohrabacher: “So, the innocent people who are going to lose their lives because of this, they are just part of the equation?”
Lewis: “No, sir. They’re a risks–
Rohrabacher: “I am sorry, I want to tell you this much. As far as I am concerned, if one child is saved because she would have been blown up by someone who is being released, it’s better to keep all 90 of those people in Gitmo. And this idea that the people of the world—Oh, they are so upset with us, that it’s a recruiting vehicle—that we’ve kept terrorists, who murder innocent people, in Gitmo. Well, you know what, I think that the bigger recruiting tool today is when our government—especially this administration—is perceived as being weak. I think terrorists are recruited not because we’ve held other terrorists in prison but because we look like we are weak and cannot deal with the challenge.
“This disgusts me, thank you very much.
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- Man Who Identifies as a Woman Heads to Trial for Sexually Assaulting Little Girl in Bathroom
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- ICE Reveals Illegal Alien May Have Caused Devastating California Fires
- Democrat Behind Slain Soldier Controversy, ‘I’m a Rockstar Now’ [VIDEO]
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Watch: Jeff Sessions Goes Bonkers on Sen. Al Franken Over Russia Collusion
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- Bro Swims Out to GREAT WHITE SHARK…Watch What Happens
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- Actress Jessica Chastain: Hollywood Rallies Against Trump, But Ignores ‘Sexual Predators In Our Offices’
- Authorities Confirm: 4 Times More People Killed with a Blade Than a Rifle
- Trump Takes Aim at Obama’s Iran Nuclear Deal, Preparing to…
- WATCH: Burglar is BUSTED by Dallas Police, Homeowner Compiles the CCTV Footage in HILARIOUS Remix
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral