Shall I start with an understatement? Our government is out of control. We all know about the spying on the American people the administration has been doing, the AP reporters’ phone and e-mail records being requisitioned, and Sharyl Attkisson’s computer being hacked.
There’s rampant unemployment, thousands on Social Security disability (although a lot of it seems not really disabled), the government is advertising to get more people on food stamps while about 15% of Americans are receiving them!
The bad news? None of that is the worst part of this administration’s “out of control-ness”.
The worst part is that this administration is sending or has sent our troops to:
- Syria for NO reason (BTW, if you compare the reasons that Bush gave for going into Iraq and this administration’s reasons for going into Syria, they’re remarkably similar: where’s the lefts’ demands for proof from this admin of chemical weapon usage by Syria?)
- Uganda to advise them
- Jordan (ostensibly to check on Syria)
- Niger to support a French counterterrorism effort in Mali
- Congo and South Sudan
- Latin America to help fight the war on drugs
- Somalia allegedly to help in their fight against Al Qaeda
- Libya because of Benghazi
- Australia to show the Chinese we mean business
- Tunisia to protect our embassy
- Let us not forget that he has refused to bring all of our troops home from Afghanistan and Iraq as well.
- There are at least a few still in foreign countries at our U.S. military bases: Germany, Japan, Turkey, England, etc
- And at least a few of our troops are still here at home
How thinly spread must our military troops — the people themselves — be before they are totally ineffective?
Add to that thinly spread military the fact that this administration has or is:
- Cutting the defense budget to dangerous levels
- Cutting our missile defense spending by $550 million. (Some say he’s putting our nation at risk for a political win.)
- This administration has given away our missile defense secrets to foreign countries
- Sending our defense contracted weapons systems manufacturing to foreign countries, some with connections that could put our secrets at risk (why would a president do that?)
- Demoralizing our troops by cutting back on their hot meals (have you seen him cancel one of his family’s vacation plans yet?), and
- Cutting the pay and healthcare benefits for our soldiers in harm’s way
- Cutting tuition assistance for our troops
(Considering all of this, why any of our heroic military men and women re-up, I have no idea.)
“To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.” — George Washington, First Annual Address to Congress, January 8, 1790
The fact is that the U.S. military has been almost crippled by this administration.
With so many of our troops gone hither, thither and yon and those who remain at home having little to defend us with besides their own bodies and the few bullets the DHS and other admin departments haven’t snatched up (did you know that with all of the ammo this administration has on hand or ordered they have enough ammo to shoot each person in America at least ten times?), it’s no wonder China is surrounding us and North Korea’s little punk is beating his chest.
“Weakness provokes insult & injury while a condition to punish it often prevents it.” — Thomas Jefferson, To John Jay, August 23, 1785
The fallback position for most of us is that “We, The People” have the Second Amendment right to “keep and bear arms”. True. But (as you all know), that’s under attack from this administration, too.
But the number of recent purchases is at a record high: over 70 MILLION NICS checks since this administration took office.
That tells us a lot about the American people’s trust of this administration, but does it tell us anything about what we will do if needed?
I’ve had my concealed carry permit for quite a while now and have made up my mind that if the situation arises, I am going to be the person walking away from a confrontation.
My life is precious to me and I will not be taken down without a fight. How many others who have purchased guns have made that “I will survive, no matter what I have to do” decision?
Will you be capable of defending yourself, your neighbor, your children; even from foreign armies if our military men and women are not there to do so for you?
So where does that leave U.S. defenses? Considering what the current administration has done — by conscious effort and choice — are we half naked and severely hindered?