A young Tennessee girl — whose cop father was killed in the line of duty — got to dance just like her classmates at her school’s father-daughter dance thanks to the generosity of police officers.
Jewel Warren, of Memphis, was escorted to her elementary school’s dance earlier this month by six police officers who stepped up to serve as substitutes for Jewel’s father, Tim Warren, a Memphis police officer who was killed in the line of duty in 2011.
When Jewel received the invitation to the school dance, her mom, Betsy Warren, reached out to a fellow fallen officer’s widow, as well as the wife of a current officer, according to the Memphis Police Department, which posted about the dance on the department’s Facebook page.
The two women, identified as Taylor Amen and Donna Kirk, got to work making sure Jewel could attend the dance in style, securing not only the six police officers but also red roses for Jewel, an appointment at a local hair salon, a 1972 Cutlass Supreme to ride to the dance in and funds for a dancing-friendly teal dress.
The women also recruited a professional photographer, Amanda Swain, to document the evening.
Read more: Yahoo
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Defense Secretary James Mattis is Ready to Shoot Down North Korea’s Ballistic Missiles
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- Trump UN Speech: ‘Rocket Man’ Kim Jong Un is on ‘suicide mission’ [WATCH]
- ISIS on the Verge of Losing its ‘Capital’
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Columbus Day Now has a New Racially Acceptable Name in Los Angeles, Explorer to be Erased from History…
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- Hillary Clinton is ‘Done With Being a Candidate’
- Buffalo Bill’s Personal Armory
- WATCH: ‘Innocent’ Lion Starts Eating Cape Buffalo that’s Still Alive… Then his Buddies Interfere
- Second Suspect in London Tube Bombing is a Syrian Migrant [VIDEO]
- Kaepernick Was About to Get Signed, Then His Girlfriend Tweeted Racist Message About Ray Lewis
- ALERT: Bomb Threat Reported for Central London Tube Trains
- WATCH: US Open Champion Sloane Stephens When Asked if She has New ‘Hunger’ to Win More Games Gives Hilarious Answer — Endorses Capitalism