A young Tennessee girl — whose cop father was killed in the line of duty — got to dance just like her classmates at her school’s father-daughter dance thanks to the generosity of police officers.
Jewel Warren, of Memphis, was escorted to her elementary school’s dance earlier this month by six police officers who stepped up to serve as substitutes for Jewel’s father, Tim Warren, a Memphis police officer who was killed in the line of duty in 2011.
When Jewel received the invitation to the school dance, her mom, Betsy Warren, reached out to a fellow fallen officer’s widow, as well as the wife of a current officer, according to the Memphis Police Department, which posted about the dance on the department’s Facebook page.
The two women, identified as Taylor Amen and Donna Kirk, got to work making sure Jewel could attend the dance in style, securing not only the six police officers but also red roses for Jewel, an appointment at a local hair salon, a 1972 Cutlass Supreme to ride to the dance in and funds for a dancing-friendly teal dress.
The women also recruited a professional photographer, Amanda Swain, to document the evening.
Read more: Yahoo
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- Tragic: Young Boy Attempting to Save Paralyzed Father from Fire Dies
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- ALERT: House Voted on Impeachment of Trump, Results Were Staggering
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- EPIC: Loan Asian Man Silences Group of Protestors with One Simple Phrase [WATCH]
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment