A suspect was charged Monday morning in connection with the shooting death of an off-duty Memphis cop a day earlier.
Lorenzo Clark, 36, was charged with felony possession of a firearm in connection with officer Terrence Olridge’s death. The men are neighbors in Cordova, a major retail center just east of Memphis.
Karen Lax also lives in the neighborhood and told WMC she witnessed the suspect during a previous hostile encounter with a different neighbor.
“I’m not really surprised something bad happened,” she said.
Police said Olridge was on his way to work Sunday at about 1 p.m. when he had an encounter with Clark outside his house. The men exchanged gunfire, and Olridge was struck. The nature of the encounter was not immediately clear.
After the shooting, Olridge went back to his house and tried to get help. He was taken to a hospital, where he died. Police say Clark surrendered peacefully after the shooting.
Read more: Fox News
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- ALERT: US Official Arrested For Giving Chinese Agent Top-Secret…
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!
- Insane! Sex Offender Rapes Neighbor’s 7yr-Old Daughter Weeks After Being Released from Prison
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- Dude Starts Freaking When Chick Places Snake on His Lap in Most Hilarious Video
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- WATCH: Why Poor People Shouldn’t Run the Economy
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- Why We Carry: Man Punches Girl 39 Times in Empty Parking Lot After ‘Laying in Wait’ [WATCH]
- National Security Council Unable to Release Susan Rice Documents Because They’re in Obama’s…
- Obama’s Hissy Fit Over New Healthcare Bill: ‘It’s a Transfer of Wealth’
- Watch: One Person’s Fit of Road Rage Backfires, Cause Insane Chain Reaction
- Professor Publishes ‘#LetThemF*ckingDie’ Article About White People, Now Playing The Victim…