A suspect was charged Monday morning in connection with the shooting death of an off-duty Memphis cop a day earlier.
Lorenzo Clark, 36, was charged with felony possession of a firearm in connection with officer Terrence Olridge’s death. The men are neighbors in Cordova, a major retail center just east of Memphis.
Karen Lax also lives in the neighborhood and told WMC she witnessed the suspect during a previous hostile encounter with a different neighbor.
“I’m not really surprised something bad happened,” she said.
Police said Olridge was on his way to work Sunday at about 1 p.m. when he had an encounter with Clark outside his house. The men exchanged gunfire, and Olridge was struck. The nature of the encounter was not immediately clear.
After the shooting, Olridge went back to his house and tried to get help. He was taken to a hospital, where he died. Police say Clark surrendered peacefully after the shooting.
Read more: Fox News
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Mistakes First Time Buyers Make When Buying A Gun And How To Avoid Them
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- ASHLEY MADISON FOUNDER: Emails Reveal His Wife Might Want to Divorce Him…
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- 5 Legal Stupidities on the 9th Circuit Court Keeping it’s Ruling Against Trump’s Travel Ban
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”
- Building the World’s Smallest 10mm Pistol
- BEN CARSON: Just Dropped this BOMB on Obama’s Lap [WATCH]