The man who scaled the White House fence and disrupted the Obamas’ Thanksgiving celebrations is an obsessive comic book fan who called for ‘revolution’, Daily Mail Online can reveal.
Joseph Caputo, from Stamford, Connecticut, jumped the fence while draped in the American flag on Thursday before surrendering to the Secret Service.
President Obama and his family were tucking into their turkey dinner when they were put on lockdown so armed guards could conduct a sweep of the grounds following the security breach.
Caputo – who was carrying a file binder between his teeth – has previously hosted events calling for the Constitution to be scrapped and posted a Facebook status about Thanksgiving and the Constitution just a few hours before leaping over the fence.
He had been in Washington, DC, for the last few days and had a picture taken of himself outside of the White House on Monday.
Caputo was wearing a baseball shirt, gloves and the flag as a cape when he hopped the fence. After clambering over, he held his hands up and was immediately taken into custody.
The Secret Service later found a car linked to Caputo parked three miles away from the White House. The Ford Taurus had Connecticut plates spelling ‘caputs’.
It is unclear what was inside the folder he was carrying, but based on his political ramblings online, it may have been a letter for President Obama.
In a Facebook event Caputo hosted in June to ‘discuss possible amendments to the Constitution’, he explained his political beliefs.
‘I believe that in a democracy the people lead, and that we need revolution, and that parties are a useless waste of time, meant to keep us from leading our nation as we should be by distracting us with redundant and passionate debates meant to keep us bickering with one another,’ he said.
The comic book obsessive’s recent Facebook activity includes a status about the Constitution and posting pictures of the Avengers, Spider-Man and Doctor Who.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Kim Jong-un Needs to be Terrified of Sec Def Mattis’ First Course of Action After NK Recent Missile Launch
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- ROAD RAGE: This Guy Wants Everyone to Know What he Thinks of Obama and It’s Awesome [PHOTO]
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- WATCH: Leaked Footage Shows Clintons Celebrating Election ‘Victory’… a Little Too Early [VIRAL VIDEO]
- Watch: Bannon Breaks His Silence After Leaving the White House — Throws Punches Left & Right
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- ANTIFA: Violence is Necessary
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]
- AUNT FROM HELL: ‘The Law Said I HAD To Sue’
- Woman Arrested after Trying to Flush Newborn Baby Down the Toilet
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16