The man who scaled the White House fence and disrupted the Obamas’ Thanksgiving celebrations is an obsessive comic book fan who called for ‘revolution’, Daily Mail Online can reveal.
Joseph Caputo, from Stamford, Connecticut, jumped the fence while draped in the American flag on Thursday before surrendering to the Secret Service.
President Obama and his family were tucking into their turkey dinner when they were put on lockdown so armed guards could conduct a sweep of the grounds following the security breach.
Caputo – who was carrying a file binder between his teeth – has previously hosted events calling for the Constitution to be scrapped and posted a Facebook status about Thanksgiving and the Constitution just a few hours before leaping over the fence.
He had been in Washington, DC, for the last few days and had a picture taken of himself outside of the White House on Monday.
Caputo was wearing a baseball shirt, gloves and the flag as a cape when he hopped the fence. After clambering over, he held his hands up and was immediately taken into custody.
The Secret Service later found a car linked to Caputo parked three miles away from the White House. The Ford Taurus had Connecticut plates spelling ‘caputs’.
It is unclear what was inside the folder he was carrying, but based on his political ramblings online, it may have been a letter for President Obama.
In a Facebook event Caputo hosted in June to ‘discuss possible amendments to the Constitution’, he explained his political beliefs.
‘I believe that in a democracy the people lead, and that we need revolution, and that parties are a useless waste of time, meant to keep us from leading our nation as we should be by distracting us with redundant and passionate debates meant to keep us bickering with one another,’ he said.
The comic book obsessive’s recent Facebook activity includes a status about the Constitution and posting pictures of the Avengers, Spider-Man and Doctor Who.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Trump Attacks Everyone in Morning Twitter Rant
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?
- If You Wear a Miniskirt in Saudi Arabia, Here is What Happens…
- ALERT: All US Army M1911 Handguns to be Transferred to Civilian Marksmanship Program in new Bill
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Demonic: Group of Teens Laugh and Mock Disabled Man Drowning in Pond, Film the Whole Incident
- Liberal Journalist Calls Sarah Huckabee Sanders a ‘Butch Queen’
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- Crocodile Returns Body of Man it Killed After Witch Doctor ‘Summoned It’ [Video]
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- Report Reveals Officer Mohamed Noor was a ‘Diversity’ Hire for Police Station
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci is a Staunch Gun Control Supporter
- Starbucks Customer Nails Armed Robber with Chair and Saves the Day [Watch]
- Berkeley Middle School Teacher Yvette Felarca Arrested For Assault, Rioting At ‘Anti-Fascist’ Protest
- Fake Mud Jeans Now Exist for Men Who are too Afraid to Get Dirty — Guess How Much They Cost
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- Michigan: New Law Guarantees Female Genital Mutilators Will Receive Harsh Punishment