A Baltimore mom who raised over $43,000 after claiming her Christian neighbors threatened her over her ‘relentlessly gay’ front yard has now been accused of contriving the plot as part of a GoFundMe scam.
Several discrepancies have surfaced in the story of Julie Baker, a widowed mother-of-four who lives on the outskirts of the city and identifies as bisexual.
Baker said she received a note signed by ‘A Concerned Home Owner’ that attacked her colorful yard – which used lamps to spell out ‘love’ and ‘ohana’, a Hawaiian word for ‘family’ – for ‘becoming Relenetlessly Gay!’
She then launched a campaign to make the yard ‘even more relentlessly gay’ and received $43,396 in online donations in just 14 days. However inconsistencies and suspicions have since been raised.
Baker then abruptly closed the account, saying she had raised ‘more than plenty’ of money.
At the top of the list is the fact that both Baker and the letter she allegedly received appear to feature the same improper use of capitalization.
The letter incorrectly capitalizes words such as ‘others,’ and ‘forced’.
Then, Baker capitalized words such as ‘home’, ‘relent’ and ‘hatred’ on her GoFundMe page.
According to Queerty, Baker consistently capitalizes words on her Facebook page, where she often goes on rants about Christian’s being opposed to gay marriage.
This prompted ‘myth-busting’ website Snopes to start an investigation.
The site contacted the police, and a detective reportedly told them ‘that Baker was either unwilling or unable to produce the letter in question, and that she had maintained it was no longer in her possession’.
The detective also told Snopes he was unable to meet Baker the day he wanted to.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- State County to Assign Armed Guards to Every Public School
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- WATCH: David Hogg Attacks Gun Owners in Profanity Laced Rant
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- YouTube is Banning Gun Content in an Effort to Push Gun-Control
- WATCH: Roseanne Barr Tells Jimmy Kimmel to “Zip That F***ing Lip,” When it Comes to Bashing Trump
- Student David Hogg Demands People ‘Work Together’, But Calls the NRA ‘Child Murderers’
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- Meet the Hero School Resource Officer Who Shot Down Maryland Gunman
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Eminem Targets Gun Owners in New Song: ‘They Love Their Guns More Than Our Children’
- SHARK BAIT: Great White Shark Feeds Just Feet from Cape Cod Shore [WATCH]
- DRUNK DRIVER OR TERRORIST? 28 Badly Injured After Man Plows Car Through New Orleans Parade
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- PayPal Founder at RNC: Who Cares About Bathrooms, ‘Fake Culture Wars Only DISTRACT Us from Our ECONOMIC DECLINE’
- Austin Bomber Dead — Blows Himself Up
- JESSE VENTURA: Not Going to See American Sniper Because ‘There is No Honor in Lying’
- CALLING BS ON… Left Wing Gun-Control Memes