A Baltimore mom who raised over $43,000 after claiming her Christian neighbors threatened her over her ‘relentlessly gay’ front yard has now been accused of contriving the plot as part of a GoFundMe scam.
Several discrepancies have surfaced in the story of Julie Baker, a widowed mother-of-four who lives on the outskirts of the city and identifies as bisexual.
Baker said she received a note signed by ‘A Concerned Home Owner’ that attacked her colorful yard – which used lamps to spell out ‘love’ and ‘ohana’, a Hawaiian word for ‘family’ – for ‘becoming Relenetlessly Gay!’
She then launched a campaign to make the yard ‘even more relentlessly gay’ and received $43,396 in online donations in just 14 days. However inconsistencies and suspicions have since been raised.
Baker then abruptly closed the account, saying she had raised ‘more than plenty’ of money.
At the top of the list is the fact that both Baker and the letter she allegedly received appear to feature the same improper use of capitalization.
The letter incorrectly capitalizes words such as ‘others,’ and ‘forced’.
Then, Baker capitalized words such as ‘home’, ‘relent’ and ‘hatred’ on her GoFundMe page.
According to Queerty, Baker consistently capitalizes words on her Facebook page, where she often goes on rants about Christian’s being opposed to gay marriage.
This prompted ‘myth-busting’ website Snopes to start an investigation.
The site contacted the police, and a detective reportedly told them ‘that Baker was either unwilling or unable to produce the letter in question, and that she had maintained it was no longer in her possession’.
The detective also told Snopes he was unable to meet Baker the day he wanted to.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Mistakes First Time Buyers Make When Buying A Gun And How To Avoid Them
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- ASHLEY MADISON FOUNDER: Emails Reveal His Wife Might Want to Divorce Him…
- 5 Legal Stupidities on the 9th Circuit Court Keeping it’s Ruling Against Trump’s Travel Ban
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”
- Building the World’s Smallest 10mm Pistol