A Baltimore mom who raised over $43,000 after claiming her Christian neighbors threatened her over her ‘relentlessly gay’ front yard has now been accused of contriving the plot as part of a GoFundMe scam.
Several discrepancies have surfaced in the story of Julie Baker, a widowed mother-of-four who lives on the outskirts of the city and identifies as bisexual.
Baker said she received a note signed by ‘A Concerned Home Owner’ that attacked her colorful yard – which used lamps to spell out ‘love’ and ‘ohana’, a Hawaiian word for ‘family’ – for ‘becoming Relenetlessly Gay!’
She then launched a campaign to make the yard ‘even more relentlessly gay’ and received $43,396 in online donations in just 14 days. However inconsistencies and suspicions have since been raised.
Baker then abruptly closed the account, saying she had raised ‘more than plenty’ of money.
At the top of the list is the fact that both Baker and the letter she allegedly received appear to feature the same improper use of capitalization.
The letter incorrectly capitalizes words such as ‘others,’ and ‘forced’.
Then, Baker capitalized words such as ‘home’, ‘relent’ and ‘hatred’ on her GoFundMe page.
According to Queerty, Baker consistently capitalizes words on her Facebook page, where she often goes on rants about Christian’s being opposed to gay marriage.
This prompted ‘myth-busting’ website Snopes to start an investigation.
The site contacted the police, and a detective reportedly told them ‘that Baker was either unwilling or unable to produce the letter in question, and that she had maintained it was no longer in her possession’.
The detective also told Snopes he was unable to meet Baker the day he wanted to.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Man Who Identifies as a Woman Heads to Trial for Sexually Assaulting Little Girl in Bathroom
- 2,800 New Hillary Clinton Emails Recovered Off of Anthony Weiner’s Laptop
- Trump Retaliates After Democrat ‘Fabricated’ Slain Soldier Story — He Has Proof
- ICE Reveals Illegal Alien May Have Caused Devastating California Fires
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Watch: Jeff Sessions Goes Bonkers on Sen. Al Franken Over Russia Collusion
- Actress Jessica Chastain: Hollywood Rallies Against Trump, But Ignores ‘Sexual Predators In Our Offices’
- CNN Commentator: When it Come to Criticizing NFL Players “White People Don’t Get to…”
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- BREAKING: Armed and Dangerous Killer on the Run — At Least 3 Dead
- Sean Diddy Combs Tweets NFL ‘I… Have a Dream’ Message — Far From Martin Luther King Jr.’s Speech
- Joy Behar Forbids Attacks on Comedians Because ‘We’re Important People Right Now’ [WATCH]
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?
- Alleged Sexual Assault Victim of Harvey Weinstein is Suspended from Twitter