George Pataki, the former three-term Republican governor of New York, announced in a video Thursday that he is officially running for president. The question for him now, faced with an ever-growing pool of competition and new polling showing his support as negligible, is if anyone will notice.
Pataki’s campaign-announcement video tries to pack in everything that he’d like voters to know about him. “As governor of New York, George Pataki led during the worst terrorist attack the U.S. had seen on American soil,” a slide reads, as one of many allusions to the September 11 terrorist attacks. He cares about “We the People” and not partisan politics. He ties his tie like he means it, with his wife at his side. He’s the kind of guy who tells a group of people assembled at the New Hampshire American Legion, “God bless you all, and lunch is on me.” And there are quick visual nods to the American flag, Abraham Lincoln, the moon walk, the WWII flag-raising at Iwo Jima, and the 9/11 Tribute in Light.
But despite the four-minute-long video, it’s hard to say what George Pataki is doing running for president. Pataki, who finished his run as governor at the end of 2006, has toyed with campaigns in the past. But this is the first time he’s actually jumping in, even though the Republican field is already crowded and his own national recognition has relatively faded.
Read more: National Journal
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Little Girl was Going to Attend Daddy-Daughter Dance Alone, Until This Soldier Showed Up
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- GARY SINISE SHUTS DOWN LARRY KING: On Gun Control in the CLASSIEST Way Possible and We Love It [WATCH]
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall
- Watch: ‘Blue’ is the Best Documentary Against the Green Movement — Proves How They are Destroying the Earth
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer