George Pataki, the former three-term Republican governor of New York, announced in a video Thursday that he is officially running for president. The question for him now, faced with an ever-growing pool of competition and new polling showing his support as negligible, is if anyone will notice.
Pataki’s campaign-announcement video tries to pack in everything that he’d like voters to know about him. “As governor of New York, George Pataki led during the worst terrorist attack the U.S. had seen on American soil,” a slide reads, as one of many allusions to the September 11 terrorist attacks. He cares about “We the People” and not partisan politics. He ties his tie like he means it, with his wife at his side. He’s the kind of guy who tells a group of people assembled at the New Hampshire American Legion, “God bless you all, and lunch is on me.” And there are quick visual nods to the American flag, Abraham Lincoln, the moon walk, the WWII flag-raising at Iwo Jima, and the 9/11 Tribute in Light.
But despite the four-minute-long video, it’s hard to say what George Pataki is doing running for president. Pataki, who finished his run as governor at the end of 2006, has toyed with campaigns in the past. But this is the first time he’s actually jumping in, even though the Republican field is already crowded and his own national recognition has relatively faded.
Read more: National Journal
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]
- Anti-Trump Protester Shot in Groin With Tear-Gas Canister During Phoenix Rally [Video]
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- State Senator Who Called for Trump Assassination is Kicked Out of…
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Bust… A Move? 92yr-Old Woman and Police Officer Have a Dance Off [Watch]
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should. [UPDATE]
- ‘I Can’t Thank You Enough’: Wounded Vet Surprises Gary Sinise During Interview [VIDEO]
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- NBA Star Charles Barkley Disses Confederate Statue Obsession — Tells Black Community to Focus on These 3 Things Instead
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville