A group of U.S.-based cyber hackers claimed it was behind an attack on BBC’s website on New Year’s Eve. The group, which called itself New World Hacking and claims to be working against the Islamic State group, said it had carried out the attack to test its capabilities.
On Thursday, BBC suffered an outage for about 4 hours. Initially, the news agency attributed that outage to a “technical issue” and later determined that the web attack was caused by a hacking technique known as a “distributed denial of service” (DDoS), which can knock a site offline by bringing more web traffic than it can handle.
While BBC was down, users who tried to navigate to the site saw the message: “The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy.” The attack also grounded a range of BBC websites and also affected its iPlayer and iPlayer Radio services.
Read more: ibtimes.com
- Child Sex Slave Escapes Captor, But Now She is the One in Jail
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Chick Who Stole MAGA Hat from College Student is in Serious Trouble [VIDEO]
- Police Investigate Woman Who Defended Herself With Gun, Because Perpetrator is Now…
- WATCH: Sarah Palin Says She’s Never Been Sexually Harassed Because Everyone Knows She Has a…
- POLL: President Trump Wants to Expose Sexual Harassers in Congress — Do You Love This?
- Illegal Alien and MS-13 Gang Member Cuts Man’s Head and Heart Off Inside ‘Sanctuary’ County
- Self-Defense When Bugging Out: 7 Tips to Keep In Mind
- PANTS ON THE GROUND: Ashley Madison Hackers Have THOUSANDS of Users’ Naked Photos
- REPORT: Serial Killer on the Loose, Residents Ordered to Stay Inside
- Revealed: George Soros has Been Winning Small Political Victories That Can Jeopardize America
- The 5 Worst/Recent Mass Murders in the USA (with a Firearm) Came from Democrats
- ‘YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN AFRICA’: Group of Black People Taunt BIKINI-CLAD Woman, She Instantly Loses Her Sh*t [VIDEO]
- Prostitute Shoots Man in the Head Because He Didn’t Know How to…
- WATCH: Colin Kaepernick is Now Ready to ‘Stand for the Anthem’ if He Can…
- Watch: When Americans ‘Steal’ Illegal Immigrants’ Job
- Texas Shooting: Two Heroes Who Chased Down Shooter Reveal What Happened
- Hey Ladies: Here is a List of Compact 9mm Concealed Carry Guns that Cost Less Than $600