Fast food chain Arby’s has apologized to the policeman who was refused service at a south Florida restaurant ‘due to being a police officer’.
Sergeant Jennifer Martin from the Pembroke Pines Police Department was in uniform when she went to a location in the Miami-area city on Tuesday night and an employee allegedly told his manager he didn’t want to serve her.
The police department created a press release about the event, prompting a wave of Internet outrage that led to a quick corporate apology on Wednesday.
Martin filed an ‘offense report‘ about the incident after she was told that Kenneth Davenport, 19, did not want to serve her when she pulled up to the drive-thru window.
His manager Angel Mirabal, 22, allegedly told the officer that he didn’t want to give her the food she ordered ‘because you are a police officer’.
The report said that Mirabal was referencing Davenport when she made the remarks and that the employee had not run Martin’s credit card after she gave it to him.
Martin reported that she told the manager the situation made her uncomfortable and eventually went inside and being given a refund.
‘I was uncertain of the condition of my food and felt, for my safety, it would be best not to eat there,’ Martin wrote.
It was unclear what the officer, who took Mirabal’s contact information but could not get Davenport’s, thought had been done to her food.
Mirabal had also allegedly said that the employee had the right not to serve the officer, according to NBC Miami.
‘I am offended and appalled that an individual within our community would treat a police officer in such a manner,’ the department’s Chief Dan Giustino in the ensuing press release.
Giustino said in the release that the incident was ‘unacceptable’ and he would be asking for an apology from Arby’s CEO Paul Brown.
The missive also said that it recognized it was an ‘isolated incident’ and pointed to a mother and daughter dropping off cookies and a thank you card for police the same day.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Actors Blame Trump for Hawaii False Alarm — Jim Carrey “We are headed for suffering beyond all imagination.”
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- 22 U.S. States Have Passed “Bring Your Gun to Work” Laws
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- INSANE: Cops Kill Puppy that was Walking Away From Them [VIDEO]
- POWERFUL: Cop Stands in the Place of Student’s Deceased Parents at Graduation
- Insane! Man Faces Jail Time for ‘Disturbing’ Manatees by Throwing Bucket of…
- Sessions Has HARSH Message for ‘Dreamers’ — Will Send Them CRYING Back to Mexico
- Rand Paul: Donald Trump was ‘Large Financial Backer’ of Haiti Mission Trips When he Was Private Citizen [Watch]
- Watch: Chelsea Manning is Running for Senate and the Campaign Ad Will Make You Cry with Laughter