Outgoing Army Chief of Staff General Ray Odierno finally feels comfortable enough to speak his mind on the situation in Iraq, but the Obama administration might not like what he had to say.
Gen. Odierno is just a few weeks out from retiring and recently sat down for an interview with Fox News where he covered a host of military topics and discussed the future of our nation’s military. However, I think the part of the interview that most Americans will remember (and that hopefully the media will focus on) is Odierno’s decision to give a frank assessment of the situation in Iraq.
Speaking to the problems that have developed in Iraq over the last few years, and focusing particularly on the rise of ISIS, Odierno notes that things didn’t have to turn out the way they did.
In fact, Odierno believes that the military and the government of Iraq had things well in hand back in 2010 and on their way to doing good things… but then the Obama administration called our soldiers home.
“It’s frustrating to watch it. I go back to the work we did in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 and we got it to a place that was really good. Violence was low, the economy was growing, politics looked like it was heading in the right direction.”
Read more: eaglerising.com
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- National Security Council Unable to Release Susan Rice Documents Because They’re in Obama’s…
- Hillary Clinton & Co. About to be Stripped of Security Clearance
- Migrants Kill Motorist by Dragging Tree-Trunks to Stop Traffic, Hijack Cars
- Why We Carry: Man Punches Girl 39 Times in Empty Parking Lot After ‘Laying in Wait’ [WATCH]
- Is Obama At Fault For Otto Warmbier’s Death? Victim’s Father Sheds Some Light On The Former President
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!
- When Marco Met Ivanka: The Most Awkward Hug in Political History
- GROSS! What Women are Doing in the Name of Feminism Will Make You Puke
- Watch: Dude Performs Erotic Drag Show for Elementary & Middle School Kids
- WATCH: Why Poor People Shouldn’t Run the Economy
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- Terrorist Knifeman Attacks Cop at Airport Shouts ‘Allahu Akbar’ [VIDEO]
- Nationwide Manhunt for This POS — Murdered Multiple Women, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Trump Sends Kim Jong-un a Loud and Clear Message After Otto’s Death
- Trevor Noah Targets NRA: ‘How Does a Black Person Not Get Shot in America?’ [VIDEO]
- New Report Exposes Millions of Illegal Immigrants Have Voted in U.S. Elections
- Photo Gallery