Chris Brown might have to refund a lot of tickets to a lot of pissed off fans.
Australia has denied the singer a visa for a huge upcoming tour — because of his history of abusing women.
According to a report in The New York Times’ Women in the World blog, Brown’s 2009 conviction for attacking Rihanna led to the country’s decision to show him the door.
“Singer Chris Brown has had his visa application to perform in Australia formally denied on character grounds, because of his domestic violence history. Brown was due to tour Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth in December on his ‘One Hell of a Nite’ tour. ‘I can confirm that a Notice of Intention to Consider Refusal has been issued,’ immigration minister Peter Dutton told Fairfax Media. The performer has 28 days to appeal.”
While the singer’s Australian fans may be disappointed, it’s a big symbolic victory for those hoping to see Brown finally, after six long years, face some real consequences for the despicable attack — even if they’re just financial.
Read more: upworthy.com
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- VIDEO: Students ‘Protest’ Gun Violence by Laying Around Doing Nothing
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- Nikolas Cruz was Member of White Supremacist Militia — UPADET, Police Find No Link
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall