Delta and American Airlines have announced that they will no longer transport lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo hunting ‘trophies’, following the worldwide controversy over the killing of Cecil the lion.
Until recently, Delta had said it would allow such cargo to be transported on its aircraft, as long as they were the products of legal hunts.
Delta runs more flights to Africa than any other American airline, making it a popular choice for the 15,000 American hunters who visit the continent on hunting safaris each year, according to figures from nonprofit group Conservation Force.
American Airlines operates fewer flights to the continent, but still made their new policy clear in a tweet, which they said was “effective immediately”.
In a short statement, Delta also said their ban would be effective immediately, and added that they will “review acceptance policies of other hunting trophies with appropriate government agencies and other organisations”, hinting at a possible extension of the ban to other types of animal.
Read more: independent.co.uk
- State County to Assign Armed Guards to Every Public School
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- WATCH: David Hogg Attacks Gun Owners in Profanity Laced Rant
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- YouTube is Banning Gun Content in an Effort to Push Gun-Control
- WATCH: Roseanne Barr Tells Jimmy Kimmel to “Zip That F***ing Lip,” When it Comes to Bashing Trump
- Student David Hogg Demands People ‘Work Together’, But Calls the NRA ‘Child Murderers’
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- Meet the Hero School Resource Officer Who Shot Down Maryland Gunman
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Eminem Targets Gun Owners in New Song: ‘They Love Their Guns More Than Our Children’
- SHARK BAIT: Great White Shark Feeds Just Feet from Cape Cod Shore [WATCH]
- DRUNK DRIVER OR TERRORIST? 28 Badly Injured After Man Plows Car Through New Orleans Parade
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- PayPal Founder at RNC: Who Cares About Bathrooms, ‘Fake Culture Wars Only DISTRACT Us from Our ECONOMIC DECLINE’
- Austin Bomber Dead — Blows Himself Up
- JESSE VENTURA: Not Going to See American Sniper Because ‘There is No Honor in Lying’
- CALLING BS ON… Left Wing Gun-Control Memes