Delta and American Airlines have announced that they will no longer transport lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo hunting ‘trophies’, following the worldwide controversy over the killing of Cecil the lion.
Until recently, Delta had said it would allow such cargo to be transported on its aircraft, as long as they were the products of legal hunts.
Delta runs more flights to Africa than any other American airline, making it a popular choice for the 15,000 American hunters who visit the continent on hunting safaris each year, according to figures from nonprofit group Conservation Force.
American Airlines operates fewer flights to the continent, but still made their new policy clear in a tweet, which they said was “effective immediately”.
In a short statement, Delta also said their ban would be effective immediately, and added that they will “review acceptance policies of other hunting trophies with appropriate government agencies and other organisations”, hinting at a possible extension of the ban to other types of animal.
Read more: independent.co.uk
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Mistakes First Time Buyers Make When Buying A Gun And How To Avoid Them
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- ASHLEY MADISON FOUNDER: Emails Reveal His Wife Might Want to Divorce Him…
- 5 Legal Stupidities on the 9th Circuit Court Keeping it’s Ruling Against Trump’s Travel Ban
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”
- Building the World’s Smallest 10mm Pistol