“If you are like me and pay attention to the news every day, you can easily be overwhelmed by all the simultaneous events that seem to indicate an impending American decline. But I don’t believe that. Everywhere I go, I see it in their faces and hear it in their voices. Americans want to believe again.
“On this July 4th, I want to share with you my hope for America.
“In the summer of 1776, Patriots gathered to dissolve the political bonds they had with England and declare their independence. The bold call for independence presupposed that the colonists were equal in station to the British Empire. They listed their grievances as justification for the split.
“The fifty-six signers from the thirteen colonies affixed their signatures to the document. It could only mean one thing – war. Indeed, the American Revolution came.
“Today, we live out the Founder’s promise to America – that a free people pursuing their dreams would lead to limitless possibilities.
“My father came to America from Cuba in 1957. He had very little money, and spoke little English. My Irish-Italian mother was the daughter of working class parents. Both my parents worked hard and were the first to graduate from college. In a single generation, their son became a United States Senator and now I am running for President of the United States. That could only happen in America.
“What I understand is that story is not unique. Most Americans have a similar story in their family history.
“These stories demonstrate how America is truly the land of limitless opportunity. The Fourth of July always reminds me of the opportunity America gave my family, and I ask myself, ‘What have I done today to ensure that same opportunity exists for future generations?’ We’re an exceptional nation, and it is up to each of us to keep it that way.
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- ‘Nails and Shrapnel’: Bomb Headed to Austin Explodes at FedEx
- PETA Bounty: Alleged Frenchman Kicks Squirrel into Grand Canyon, PETA Places $16K Bounty on His Head
- Muslim Chick Urges to ‘Stand Together’ While Wearing Burka with Pistol, Grenade, Blade, Machine Gun That Spelled Out…
- VIDEO: Donald Hits Back at CNN–‘The CLINTON News Network’
- WATCH: CNN Goes to Gun Range to Shoot AR-15, Proves Gun-Controllers Have No Clue What They are Talking About
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Self-Proclaimed ‘Trump Supporter’ Breaches Security at Tower With Bag of Weapons & Fireworks… to ‘Study’ for School
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Trey Gowdy Slams McCabe: ‘Fellow Bureau Agents’ Suggested He Be Fired, Not Trump’s Fault
- NAKED SPRING BREAKER FOUND: Un-Harmmed and Underaged, the Female Photographed Came Forward to the Police
- Report: Shooting at Maryland School — Armed Resource Officer Does His Job and Saves Dozens
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- Barbra Streisand: I’m No #MeToo Victim, I Was Never Sexually Harassed
- WATCH: The Video Gun Controllers Are Terrified Of
- AR-15 Gun Giveaway