Bernie Sanders isn’t giving up on his political revolution just yet.
Sanders, who has vowed to stay in the race until voters in each of the 50 states has had their say, signaled Wednesday that he’s prepared for a long, drawn-out primary battle with Hillary Clinton, even as the former secretary of state took a commanding lead on Tuesday night.
“We’re going forward and this is a campaign to win,” Sanders campaign manager Jeff Weaver told reporters at a press breakfast on Wednesday.
Super Tuesday, Sanders’ chief strategist Tad Devine said, was “perhaps the best day on the calendar for Hillary Clinton.”
“There are a lot of good days ahead in this nominating process for Bernie Sanders,” Devine added, pointing to upcoming contests in Nebraska, Kansas and Maine as key opportunities for his candidate.
While Sanders won his home state of Vermont, as well as Oklahoma, Colorado and Minnesota, Clinton took the majority of the Super Tuesday wins, including in delegate-rich places like Virginia and Texas.
Clinton has at least 1,005 pledged and super delegates, while Sanders has at least 373, but Sanders campaign staffers said they believed he can close the pledged delegate gap with Clinton by June.
Read more: Mashable
- OBAMA: ‘People Will Look Back… And See I Was Right And Trump Was Wrong’
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- WATCH: CNN Anchor Says Americans Should Wear HIJABS to Show Solidarity to Fearful Muslims
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied Claims ‘Islam is The MOST Feminist Religion’
- Gator Bites Man While Bathing in Pond: “It ate his toes off.”
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case
- LEAKED: James Comey’s Shocking Edits to His Public Statement On Hillary Clinton Probe
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them
- WATCH: Chicago Declared ‘Trump-Free Zone’
- GROSS: Michelle Tells Crowd She’s A Sex Symbol — And It Blows Up In Her Face
- POLL: Is It Time for Mueller to Resign?
- Trump Wins: Bill Moves Forward to Expose Congressional Sexual Harassers