Bernie Sanders’ campaign just got caught in a case of high-tech espionage.
The Socialist Presidential candidate was just suspended by the Democratic National Committee for accessing voter files from Hillary Clinton’s campaign.
The database of voter records is a goldmine to candidates: it contains information about voters nationwide, CNN is reporting. The DNC keeps the information gathered by each of their candidates separated by a firewall.
But that firewall was breached by a Sanders campaign staffer after security protocols were temporarily – and accidentally – shut down by the vendor controlling the database.
When the espionage was discovered, the staffer was quickly fired, even though a Sanders spokesman said the staffer wasn’t really trying to access Hillary’s vote data. Instead, John Uretsky said, he was merely trying to “understand how badly the Sanders campaign’s data was exposed by the drop in the firewall.
“We knew there was a security breach in the data, and we were just trying to understand it and what was happening,” Uretsky said.
He added that to the best of his knowledge, “nobody took anything that would have given the (Sanders) campaign any benefit.”
Read more: thefederalistpapers.org
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Three Thugs Were Just Arrested for Stealing Guns in Baton Rouge–Posed ‘Credible Threat’ to Harm Police…
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Photo Gallery
- RECRUITERS TOLD NOT TO WEAR UNIFORMS: This Soldier Thinks That’s Bullsh-t
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- The Rise of ISIS: One Paragraph Explains It All