US Vice President Joe Biden said Saturday the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) is a threat to Turkey like the Islamic State, condemning the Kurdish militants as “a terror group plain and simple”.
After talks with Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu in Istanbul, Biden also hailed Turkey for taking “very important steps” to counter IS jihadists and said progress in the fight would now speed up.
IS “is not the only existential threat to the people of Turkey, the PKK is equally a threat and we are aware of that.. it is a terror group plain and simple and what they continue to do is absolutely outrageous,” Biden said.
The PKK, listed as a terror group by Washington and the EU, has killed dozens of members of the Turkish security forces in attacks since a truce collapsed in July.
Read more: Yahoo News
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- Watch: Mother and Daughter Defeat Armed Robber Because They Carry a Gun
- Mugger Shot Down: Girl Shoots Man Trying to Steal Her Purse [VIDEO]
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- Boy Scouts Given a New ‘Politically Correct’ Name
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- SECOND AMENDMENT WIN: Application of Gun Control Act Shot Down by Federal Appellate Court
- EX-CONVICT: Has a Few Choice Words for Cop Haters and It’s EPIC
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- Formerly Known Boy Scouts Loses Over 400,000 Members
- How Trump is Helping Women Break More Glass Ceilings than Hillary Ever Did
- #WarriorChick: Female University Graduate Carries AR-10 on Campus