A photo bought for $2 in a Fresno shop has been described by a Western Americana expert as “The holy grail of photography.”
It is believed to be just the second photo ever seen of William H. Bonney. The infamous outlaw “Billy the Kid” is actually playing croquet in the picture. A historical find was not on Randy and Linda Guijarro’s mind when Randy browsed a Tower District junk store in 2010.
Guijarro said, “These were just two cardboard boxes about this long about that high.”
Three photos caught his eye. Two featured women but a voice in his head told him to take the dark tin type photo of a country scene. Guijarro explained, “So I picked it back up and said, it’s got a hole on top, kind of beat up. Okay so I got those three photographs for two bucks.”
A picture may be worth a thousand words but this one’s worth much more. It was recently authenticated by Western Americana expert Kagin’s Incorporated in Tiburon. Its value set at five million dollars.
Jeff Aiello is executive director of a new documentary titled “Billy the Kid – New Evidence.” It weaves a historical timeline around the discovered picture. Aiello is a former ABC30 Creative Services Director. He said, “This is the first photograph ever discovered of Billy the Kid with The Regulators, period. And that’s significant in American history.”
Read more: abc30.com
- Trump Attacks Everyone in Morning Twitter Rant
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?
- ALERT: All US Army M1911 Handguns to be Transferred to Civilian Marksmanship Program in new Bill
- Demonic: Group of Teens Laugh and Mock Disabled Man Drowning in Pond, Film the Whole Incident
- If You Wear a Miniskirt in Saudi Arabia, Here is What Happens…
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Liberal Journalist Calls Sarah Huckabee Sanders a ‘Butch Queen’
- Crocodile Returns Body of Man it Killed After Witch Doctor ‘Summoned It’ [Video]
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- Report Reveals Officer Mohamed Noor was a ‘Diversity’ Hire for Police Station
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci is a Staunch Gun Control Supporter
- Sean Spicer is Out: Quits Job as Press Secretary and is Replaced by…
- Bill de Blasio Snubbed at Funeral for Slain Female NYPD Officer
- Berkeley Middle School Teacher Yvette Felarca Arrested For Assault, Rioting At ‘Anti-Fascist’ Protest
- Fake Mud Jeans Now Exist for Men Who are too Afraid to Get Dirty — Guess How Much They Cost
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]