Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush ended a town hall early on Wednesday after being interrupted by members of the Black Lives Matter movement, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The protesters’ appearance marked the first of its kind directed at a GOP candidate following demonstrations at events featuring Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is running as a Democrat. Bush reportedly left the event in North Las Vegas without his customary closing statement.
According to the Times, dozens of protesters associated with the movement began chanting “black lives matter” during the event with their hand raised. Two other demonstrators were kicked out at the start of the town hall when they used the same chant. The progressive Netroots Nation conference stated on its Facebook page late Wednesday night that the group also contained Planned Parenthood supporters and immigration activists.
Some supporters of the former Florida governor reportedly responded by chanting “white lives matter” and “all lives matter” at the group, while at least one Bush supporter and a protester traded obscene hand gestures.
Read more: rawstory.com
- Poll: David Hogg Has Officially Become Irrelevant — Do You LOVE This?
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- Rape Victim’s Revenge: Woman Cuts Off Her Rapist’s Penis, Flushes it Down the Toilet and Beats Him to Death with a Hammer
- RETALIATION: Egypt Bombs the Cr*p out of the Islamic State in Response to the Beheadings of Coptic Christians
- ‘Caravan’ of Refugees Climb U.S.-Mexico Border While Chanting, “Yes We Can!”
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- ISIS Gives New Meaning to Craigslist Killers, Lures Hostages by…
- JUST AS EVIL: Women of Islamic State Are More Brutal than the Men for Doing This
- WATCH: Liberal Politician Wants to Make it Illegal to Manufacture Semi-Automatic Rifles, ‘Get Them Out Of Our Communities’
- Haiti Tells Clinton Foundation to Keep Their Charity–Don’t Want ANOTHER Scam
- BLACK MEN ARE GODS: Jay Z Reps Bling from the Five Percent Nation Religious Group
- Formerly Known Boy Scouts Loses Over 400,000 Members
- Watch: Sexuality Expert Says Parents Need to ask Permission to Change Baby’s Diaper
- HOUSE PARTY KILLER: Called Friend After Murdering Ex-Girlfriend to Ask ‘How He Should Kill Himself’ [VIDEO]
- ‘I’M WORRIED ABOUT YOU’: Watch Jon Stewart Call Out Wolf Blitzer’s Baltimore Blunder
- Maine Democrats Support Female Genital Mutilation — Squash Bill to Criminalize it