Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush ended a town hall early on Wednesday after being interrupted by members of the Black Lives Matter movement, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The protesters’ appearance marked the first of its kind directed at a GOP candidate following demonstrations at events featuring Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is running as a Democrat. Bush reportedly left the event in North Las Vegas without his customary closing statement.
According to the Times, dozens of protesters associated with the movement began chanting “black lives matter” during the event with their hand raised. Two other demonstrators were kicked out at the start of the town hall when they used the same chant. The progressive Netroots Nation conference stated on its Facebook page late Wednesday night that the group also contained Planned Parenthood supporters and immigration activists.
Some supporters of the former Florida governor reportedly responded by chanting “white lives matter” and “all lives matter” at the group, while at least one Bush supporter and a protester traded obscene hand gestures.
Read more: rawstory.com
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- ALERT: House Voted on Impeachment of Trump, Results Were Staggering
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- PRINCE CLAIMS: Saudi Arabia Has FUNDED Hillary Clinton Campaign from Beginning
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution