When signing up for the military, a pillow fight is perhaps not the first place you imagine yourself getting injured in the line of duty.
But that is exactly what happened to 30 cadets at West Point on August 20 as the traditional end-of-training brawl got out of hand.
One had to be taken away in an ambulance, another was left with a broken leg, and dozens suffered from dislocated shoulders and concussions, it has been reported.
According to the New York Times, some cadets had stuffed helmets and body armor into their pillow cases in an attempt to inflict maximum damage on those taking part.
Images uploaded to social media after the fight show cadets with blood streaming from their noses and mouths, while others brandish blood-spattered pillow cases.
Video of the fight, which takes place in the central court yard of training barracks, shows cadets wearing helmets and body armor rushing in from all sides before laying into each other.
Glow sticks can be seen being thrown from the upper windows, while smoke bombs also seem to be let off among the brawling bodies.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- Anti-Trump Protester Shot in Groin With Tear-Gas Canister During Phoenix Rally [Video]
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- State Senator Who Called for Trump Assassination is Kicked Out of…
- Bust… A Move? 92yr-Old Woman and Police Officer Have a Dance Off [Watch]
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- The Key to Basic Handgun Training? K.I.S.S. [Watch]
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should. [UPDATE]
- ‘I Can’t Thank You Enough’: Wounded Vet Surprises Gary Sinise During Interview [VIDEO]
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- NBA Star Charles Barkley Disses Confederate Statue Obsession — Tells Black Community to Focus on These 3 Things Instead