A Dodge County magistrate judge says he’s through performing weddings, because he disagrees with the Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex marriage.
A viewer sent 13WMAZ a video this week showing Judge Lonnie T. Parkerson performing a wedding this week.
In the video, Parkerson tells the couple that theirs is the last wedding he’ll ever perform.
On Friday, he confirmed that to 13WMAZ’s Justin McDuffie. He made a statement about his decision but declined to answer questions on camera.
He said that, because he believes the Bible prohibits same-sex marriage, he can’t take part in one.
Parkerson told the couple that two women recently came to the courthouse for a wedding and he declined to perform the service. He told the pair he was no longer performing marriages.
“I just can’t do it the other way, y’all,” Parkerson tells the last couple he married in the video. “It ain’t right … the Bible tells you what a marriage is.”
Read more: 13wmaz.com
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Veteran Faces MAJOR Prison Sentence Over Bullsh*t Liberal Policy
- On The 154th Anniversary Of Gettysburg, Leftists Are Promising To ‘Desecrate Graves’
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Gator Bites Man While Bathing in Pond: “It ate his toes off.”