A Dodge County magistrate judge says he’s through performing weddings, because he disagrees with the Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex marriage.
A viewer sent 13WMAZ a video this week showing Judge Lonnie T. Parkerson performing a wedding this week.
In the video, Parkerson tells the couple that theirs is the last wedding he’ll ever perform.
On Friday, he confirmed that to 13WMAZ’s Justin McDuffie. He made a statement about his decision but declined to answer questions on camera.
He said that, because he believes the Bible prohibits same-sex marriage, he can’t take part in one.
Parkerson told the couple that two women recently came to the courthouse for a wedding and he declined to perform the service. He told the pair he was no longer performing marriages.
“I just can’t do it the other way, y’all,” Parkerson tells the last couple he married in the video. “It ain’t right … the Bible tells you what a marriage is.”
Read more: 13wmaz.com
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Little Girl was Going to Attend Daddy-Daughter Dance Alone, Until This Soldier Showed Up
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- GARY SINISE SHUTS DOWN LARRY KING: On Gun Control in the CLASSIEST Way Possible and We Love It [WATCH]
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall
- Watch: ‘Blue’ is the Best Documentary Against the Green Movement — Proves How They are Destroying the Earth
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer