The terrorist commander standing in for injured Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed in an air strike, according to the Iraqi Ministry of Defence.
The group’s No2, Abu Alaa al-Afri, was reportedly killed inside a mosque in Tal Afar.
Dramatic footage posted to YouTube by the Iraqi Ministry of Defence showed what it claimed was the moment two missiles struck the mosque. The short clip shows the building being completely obliterated.
However, there has been no confirmation of the death of the highly prized target from Allied officials or from Isis sources.
The news came from Iraqi defence ministry spokesman Brig-Gen Tahsin Ibrahim and was reported by the BBC.
Ibrahim claimed that dozens of jihadists also died in the attack.
It follows warnings from Islamic State fighters that they planned on taking revenge after Baghdadi was seriously injured in an air strike.
He was wounded in an attack from the US-led coalition while travelling in a three-car convoy in March in Nineveh, Iraq, it is claimed.
It is claimed Isis is planning to ‘fight back against Europe’.
According to The Guardian, Baghdadi is still incapacitated due to a possible spinal injury and has not resumed command.
Sources told the paper his injuries may mean he will never be able to lead Isis again.
Abu Alaa al-Afri was apparently put in charge after the seriousness of Baghdadi’s condition became apparent.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘I Hope Trump Is Assassinated!’
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment
- Steve Bannon Is Out From White House Position — Was He Fired?
- Pastor is Now Demanding Removal of George Washington Statue Because He Owned Slaves…
- BREAKING: Terror Attack on Pedestrians, Mowed Down by Van — Terrorist Take Hostages at Gun Point
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- Antifa Protester in Virginia Attacked Journalist — Caused Concussion [Video]
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Report: Government Workers Sold IDs to Illegal Aliens so They Could Vote
- EDEN: A True Story of Sex Slavery in Nevada
- Girl Describes Horrific Testimony of Escaping North Korea [WATCH]
- GOOD JOB DAD: Father Gave his College Daughter a Gun, Saves her Life During Home Invasion
- Black Panther Leader Babu Omowale Claims, We Want Our Own ‘BLACK NATION’
- Hey Ladies: Here is a List of Compact 9mm Concealed Carry Guns that Cost Less Than $600