The terrorist commander standing in for injured Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed in an air strike, according to the Iraqi Ministry of Defence.
The group’s No2, Abu Alaa al-Afri, was reportedly killed inside a mosque in Tal Afar.
Dramatic footage posted to YouTube by the Iraqi Ministry of Defence showed what it claimed was the moment two missiles struck the mosque. The short clip shows the building being completely obliterated.
However, there has been no confirmation of the death of the highly prized target from Allied officials or from Isis sources.
The news came from Iraqi defence ministry spokesman Brig-Gen Tahsin Ibrahim and was reported by the BBC.
Ibrahim claimed that dozens of jihadists also died in the attack.
It follows warnings from Islamic State fighters that they planned on taking revenge after Baghdadi was seriously injured in an air strike.
He was wounded in an attack from the US-led coalition while travelling in a three-car convoy in March in Nineveh, Iraq, it is claimed.
It is claimed Isis is planning to ‘fight back against Europe’.
According to The Guardian, Baghdadi is still incapacitated due to a possible spinal injury and has not resumed command.
Sources told the paper his injuries may mean he will never be able to lead Isis again.
Abu Alaa al-Afri was apparently put in charge after the seriousness of Baghdadi’s condition became apparent.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Millions Of Gun Owners About To Be Criminals Starting July 1st
- California’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Rule Rejected
- Student Going to Jail for Registering Dead People as Democratic Voters
- Smug Thug Smirking While Widow Testifies During Murder Trial is Destroyed by Judge [Watch]
- On The 154th Anniversary Of Gettysburg, Leftists Are Promising To ‘Desecrate Graves’
- London Women Targeted for Continuous Acid Attacks
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- Dear Gun Grabbers: This Video Proves Why Homeowners Need Guns
- Justice Clarence Thomas Speaks! Finds It “Improbable” The Second Amendment Only Protects…
- Snowflake Alert! University Now Has ‘Emotional Risk’ Assessment For Student Events
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- Um… Guess Why These Feminists are Naked and Screaming in the Street
- Watch: Man Yells ‘Freedom’ as He Drives Car Through 10 Commandments Monument
- Democrats Scoff: Neil Gorsuch is Just ‘Another Scalia’
- Fake Mud Jeans Now Exist for Men Who are too Afraid to Get Dirty — Guess How Much They Cost