The terrorist commander standing in for injured Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed in an air strike, according to the Iraqi Ministry of Defence.
The group’s No2, Abu Alaa al-Afri, was reportedly killed inside a mosque in Tal Afar.
Dramatic footage posted to YouTube by the Iraqi Ministry of Defence showed what it claimed was the moment two missiles struck the mosque. The short clip shows the building being completely obliterated.
However, there has been no confirmation of the death of the highly prized target from Allied officials or from Isis sources.
The news came from Iraqi defence ministry spokesman Brig-Gen Tahsin Ibrahim and was reported by the BBC.
Ibrahim claimed that dozens of jihadists also died in the attack.
It follows warnings from Islamic State fighters that they planned on taking revenge after Baghdadi was seriously injured in an air strike.
He was wounded in an attack from the US-led coalition while travelling in a three-car convoy in March in Nineveh, Iraq, it is claimed.
It is claimed Isis is planning to ‘fight back against Europe’.
According to The Guardian, Baghdadi is still incapacitated due to a possible spinal injury and has not resumed command.
Sources told the paper his injuries may mean he will never be able to lead Isis again.
Abu Alaa al-Afri was apparently put in charge after the seriousness of Baghdadi’s condition became apparent.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Nationwide Manhunt for This POS — Murdered Multiple Women, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution
- DEMOCRAT SENATOR: Wants to Impose ‘Surtax’ on Americans to Pay for War Against ISIS, After Ineffective Bombing Bill Hikes Up to…
- WOW: Is Obama FORCING Trump Out of the Oval Office?
- BACK AT IT: Gabby Giffords Relaunches Background Check Push
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending