BOOM! New Year’s Eve Terror Plot FOILED, Jihadists Now in Custody

France isn’t fooling around anymore. They are sick of being the victims and are stepping up their security. And it’s paying off! Three jihadist scumbags were arrested, effectively foiling their New Year’s Eve attack. Let’s hope we can keep one step ahead of these terrorists.

Three radical Islamists have been arrested in two separate counter-terrorism raids in southwestern France, one on suspicion of plotting a New Year’s Eve terror attack.

The counter-terrorism raids were conducted on Monday and Tuesday night in the department of Haute-Garonne, south-west France, a region where several hundred radical Islamists are being monitored. The two operations are indicative of the level of eminent threat anticipated by French security agencies, reports La Dépêche.

The first raid in Toulouse resulted in the arrests of two men, aged 42, on suspicion of plotting attacks against police officers. Both were identified as radical Islamists and one profiled as a potential suicide bomber. Small arms and light weapons were also seized. Le Figaro reports the men were illegal migrants.

The second raid in Cugnaux, 10 miles south-west of Toulouse, resulted in the arrest of a 30-year-old man as part of an investigation conducted by the antiterrorist prosecutor’s office in Paris. The suspect “is known to [police] services, he is suspected of wanting to carry out an attack on Dec 31,” a police source told Reuters.

The man was known to several investigative units and had been subject to a search some months ago. Surveillance had been stepped up around this “potentially dangerous” target, a close source told La Dépêche.

Share Your Comments
Trending Now on GJWHG