A U.S. coalition jet killed a senior leader who was one of the first terrorists to join ISIS in an attack in Syria last month, the Defense Department said Thursday.
Tariq Bin-al-Tahar Bin al Falih al-Awni al-Harzi, a top fundraiser for the radical Islamist group, was killed June 16 in an airstrike over Shaddadi, said Navy Capt. Jeff Davis, a spokesman for U.S. Northern Command.
His brother, Ali bin Tahar al-‘Awni al-Harzi — described as a “person of interest” in the September 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya — was killed in Mosul, Iraq, the day before, Davis said.
Read more: NBC News
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- National Security Council Unable to Release Susan Rice Documents Because They’re in Obama’s…
- Hillary Clinton & Co. About to be Stripped of Security Clearance
- Migrants Kill Motorist by Dragging Tree-Trunks to Stop Traffic, Hijack Cars
- Is Obama At Fault For Otto Warmbier’s Death? Victim’s Father Sheds Some Light On The Former President
- Why We Carry: Man Punches Girl 39 Times in Empty Parking Lot After ‘Laying in Wait’ [WATCH]
- When Marco Met Ivanka: The Most Awkward Hug in Political History
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!
- GROSS! What Women are Doing in the Name of Feminism Will Make You Puke
- When the Creatures of WALMART are Photographed…
- Chelsea Clinton Falls For Bannon’s Joke — Goes On Bizarre Twitter Rant
- Watch: Dude Performs Erotic Drag Show for Elementary & Middle School Kids
- Terrorist Knifeman Attacks Cop at Airport Shouts ‘Allahu Akbar’ [VIDEO]
- Trump Sends Kim Jong-un a Loud and Clear Message After Otto’s Death
- Trevor Noah Targets NRA: ‘How Does a Black Person Not Get Shot in America?’ [VIDEO]
- New Report Exposes Millions of Illegal Immigrants Have Voted in U.S. Elections
- Photo Gallery
- A TRUE HERO: Watch The Moment US Special Forces Soldier-Turned Aid Worker Runs Through GUNFIRE To Save A Child From ISIS