Washington Redskins president Bruce Allen said the team will not reconsider changing its name — even if it’s a political barrier to a potential new stadium.
The Redskins have started the process of finding a new home, exploring potential sites in Maryland, where they now play; Washington, D.C., where they used to play; and Virginia, where they train. But Allen supplied a short answer when asked about changing the name stance to build a new home.
“No,” he said.
Despite protests from Native Americans and others, the Redskins have maintained they won’t change their longtime nickname. But Interior Secretary Sally Jewell opposes the team name, which could prove to be a hindrance if the Redskins want to return to Washington, D.C.
It’s an issue because there isn’t much land available in the district, but one potential spot would be where RFK Stadium, their former home, now stands.
Read more: ESPN
- Austin Bomber Dead — Blows Himself Up
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- State County to Assign Armed Guards to Every Public School
- PETA Bounty: Alleged Frenchman Kicks Squirrel into Grand Canyon, PETA Places $16K Bounty on His Head
- Report: Shooting at Maryland School — Armed Resource Officer Does His Job and Saves Dozens
- NOT SO SHOCKING: The Always Angry Actress, Kristen Stewart, Turns Lesbian and Mom Approves
- LIFE COACH JAXI WEST: Tweets the Most AWFUL Comment About Texas Deputy
- Second Amendment Group Has Surge of Membership at 1200% for 18-20 Year-Olds
- Photo Gallery
- WATCH: Idiot Writer Claims Americans Have NEVER Used Guns To Protect…
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- Barbra Streisand: I’m No #MeToo Victim, I Was Never Sexually Harassed
- HOUSE REPORT: War on ISIS is NOT Going Well, Government LIED so Obama Would Look Good
- Officer Mohamed Noor Refuses to Cooperate With Investigators After Shooting Dead Yoga Teacher
- The Two Missing Minutes in Case Where Officer Mohamed Noor Shot the Yoga Teacher
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking
- BARBARIC: Turkish Security Forces Sexually Tortured Female Kurdish Militant, Who was Fighting ISIS, Before Killing Her