Border patrol officers apprehended 4,177 unaccompanied alien children (UACs) attempting to illegally enter the U.S. during the month of July, according to new Customs and Border Protection data.
In that same time frame, CBP apprehended an additional 4,506 family units.
The new figures show the pace of illegal immigration by UACs and parents with children — while still less than last year’s surge — increasing. On average, CBP apprehended 135 UACs each day in July, the highest monthly level of UAC apprehensions this fiscal year.
Customs and Border Protection acknowledged last month’s increase and pointed to some of the same factors it did during last year’s massive influx, namely poor conditions in Central America and manipulative smugglers.
“In July, we experienced a slight increase over June in the number of unaccompanied children and family units apprehended,” the agency said in a statement.
Read more: breitbart.com
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- ALERT: House Voted on Impeachment of Trump, Results Were Staggering
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- PRINCE CLAIMS: Saudi Arabia Has FUNDED Hillary Clinton Campaign from Beginning
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution