Sir Elton John’s celebrity fans have backed him after he vowed to boycott fashion label Dolce & Gabbana over a same-sex families row.
The superstar posted a photograph of Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana on Instagram and branded them “judgemental” and “archaic” after they were interviewed in Italy’s Panorama magazine and announced they appose gay adoptions, claiming: “The only family is the traditional one.”
Celebrities and the Your Song hitmaker’s fans have supported him on social media sites after he posted the comment on Instagram, while Gabbana has responded calling him a “fascist” and asking fans to “#boycotteltonjohn”.
In the interview, the designers said: “No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow, there are things that should not be changed.”
Dolce said that creating children “must be an act of love”, adding: “You are born to a mother and a father – or at least that’s how it should be.
“I call children of chemistry, synthetic children. Uteri [for] rent, semen chosen from a catalog.”
Gabbana then said: “The family is not a fad. In it there is a supernatural sense of belonging.”
The designer first spoke of his views in 2006, stating: “I am opposed to the idea of a child growing up with two gay parents. A child needs a mother and a father. I could not imagine my childhood without my mother. I also believe that it is cruel to take a baby away from its mother.”
Read more: mirror.co.uk
- POLL: Does President Trump Need to Apologize to Gold Star Widow Myeshia Johnson?
- UNLEASHED: Jimmy Carter Goes After Hillary, Obama & Russia Scandal — Says Trump is…
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- WATCH: Jesse Jackson Compares Playing for NFL & NBA to ‘Picking Cotton’
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer
- Michelle Obama Claims People Don’t Like Her Because of ‘Her Skin Color’
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- WAR ON SPEECH CONTINUES: Conservative Commentator PEPPER SPRAYED At NYU — Professor Says Cops Should BEAT Up ‘Neo-Nazis’
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Robert De Niro Exclaims ‘F**k you, Donald Trump’ During Charity Event — Plans to Prevent the President From…
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- Black Gun Clubs and The Right To Bear Arms