Sir Elton John’s celebrity fans have backed him after he vowed to boycott fashion label Dolce & Gabbana over a same-sex families row.
The superstar posted a photograph of Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana on Instagram and branded them “judgemental” and “archaic” after they were interviewed in Italy’s Panorama magazine and announced they appose gay adoptions, claiming: “The only family is the traditional one.”
Celebrities and the Your Song hitmaker’s fans have supported him on social media sites after he posted the comment on Instagram, while Gabbana has responded calling him a “fascist” and asking fans to “#boycotteltonjohn”.
In the interview, the designers said: “No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow, there are things that should not be changed.”
Dolce said that creating children “must be an act of love”, adding: “You are born to a mother and a father – or at least that’s how it should be.
“I call children of chemistry, synthetic children. Uteri [for] rent, semen chosen from a catalog.”
Gabbana then said: “The family is not a fad. In it there is a supernatural sense of belonging.”
The designer first spoke of his views in 2006, stating: “I am opposed to the idea of a child growing up with two gay parents. A child needs a mother and a father. I could not imagine my childhood without my mother. I also believe that it is cruel to take a baby away from its mother.”
Read more: mirror.co.uk
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking
- WATCH: Ted Nugent Goes After David Hogg — ‘So Brainwashed’ He Can’t ‘be Fixed’
- VIDEO: Armed Citizen Kills Restaurant Shooter
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- WATCH: The Moment #Ferguson Thug Pulled Out his Gun to Shoot at Cops
- Bill Clinton: NY Times and Trump Colluded to Defeat Hillary
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- WATCH: The Video Gun Controllers Are Terrified Of
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation