Ben Carson, the world famous pediatric neurosurgeon, now known in political circles for his advocacy of conservative principles, has announced that he has formed an exploratory committee for the 2016 Republican nomination for President. In a tweet sent out today, Carson stated his intentions:
— Dr. Ben Carson (@RealBenCarson) March 3, 2015
Dr. Carson is a revered figure amongst the many patients and families whom he has helped, black families who admire his rise from the streets of Detroit to the top of his field as a much heralded brain surgeon, as well as a growing coalition of conservatives for his calm, reserved demeanor and strong value system.
His inspirational autobiography, “Gifted Hands” describes his ascension from a broken family to the pinnacle of an intense medical specialty which even the best and brightest cannot easily achieve. For the past 20 years, teachers and parents have encouraged disadvantaged children to read his story; today, conservatives outside of the political world see Carson as their champion — an intellectual social conservative.
The famously soft spoken Carson stated Thursday at the recent CPAC conference, ““If you’re white and you oppose a progressive black person, you’re a racist. If you’re black and you oppose the progressive agenda, you’re crazy.”
By the time he was 8, his parents had divorced, leaving his illiterate mother to raise him and his older brother Curtis. Carson’s mother, Sonya, who had only a third grade education, insisted that her sons read two books and watch no more than three TV shows per week. Carson went on to graduate third in his high school class and won an academic scholarship to Yale University, where he majored in psychology.
Read more: tpnn.com
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- EX-CONVICT: Has a Few Choice Words for Cop Haters and It’s EPIC
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- FLASHBACK: When Trump Said McCain Was NOT a War Hero–He Was RIGHT
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- PRINCESS OR QUEEN: THE 11 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DATING A GIRL VS A WOMAN