Dylann Roof, the white supremacist who massacred nine black Christians at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, South Carolina, used an illegally purchased firearm to conduct his terrorist act. Now, it appears that the federal government failed to flag him.
FBI Director James Comey met with a group of reporters at the FBI headquarters in Washington, D.C., where he revealed the reason Roof was able to purchase a firearm. According to The Washington Post:
“Comey said failures in the gun purchase screening system enabled Roof to acquire the weapon used in an attack that authorities have said was motivated by Roof’s racist views.”
Roof, who has since been charged with nine counts of murder, purchased a .45 caliber handgun despite being arrested on a felony narcotics charge — a charge that should have prevented him from obtaining the weapon.
Read more: IJReview
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- ‘Caravan’ of Refugees Climb U.S.-Mexico Border While Chanting, “Yes We Can!”
- Bad Parents: Baby Found Starved Nearly To Death By Lazy Parents
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- Trump Ends Worst Obama-Era Policy: ‘America will not be held hostage to nuclear blackmail.’
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump