Convicted Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev broke his silence Wednesday and apologized to the victims and the survivors of the deadly 2013 attack.
“I am sorry for the lives that I’ve taken, for the suffering that I’ve caused you, and the damage that I’ve done,” he said Wednesday during his sentencing hearing.
The remarks are Tsarnaev’s first in public since the attack that killed three people and left 264 others wounded. He was found guilty of the bombing on April 8; the jury gave him the death penalty May 15.
“I pray to Allah to bestow his mercy on you,” Tsarnaev said prior to Judge George O’Toole imposing the death sentence. “I pray for your relief, for your healing, for your well-being, for your health.”
He added: “I ask Allah for mercy for me and for my brother,” Tamerlan.
Tsarnaev also thanked his attorneys and those who testified on his behalf, but added: “I am guilty of [the bombings], along with my brother, if there is any lingering doubt.”
Read more: NPR
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Tragic: Young Boy Attempting to Save Paralyzed Father from Fire Dies
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Three Thugs Were Just Arrested for Stealing Guns in Baton Rouge–Posed ‘Credible Threat’ to Harm Police…
- Watch: Psychologist Leaves Reporter Speechless Defending the Right to Free Speech vs. Someone’s ‘Right’ To Not Be Offended
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- ALERT: Intel Officer Claims Obama Would be First Former President to be Charged with a FELONY if…
- Photo Gallery
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution