A professor at the University of Missouri lost her job Tuesday for seeking to block a photojournalist from taking pictures of a student protest on the campus.
Assistant professor Melissa Click from the MU Department of Communication got into a confrontation with photojournalist Tim Tai, 20, who is a student of the program. Tai was working on a freelance assignment for ESPN covering the event.
The Columbian Missourian reported:
Faculty in the Missouri School of Journalism were voting Tuesday to revoke a courtesy appointment for Melissa Click, an assistant professor in MU’s Department of Communication.
The journalism school’s Executive Committee, including Dean David Kurpius, met Tuesday morning to discuss the vote and prepare a statement on Click’s actions Monday as seen in footage of a confrontation between freelance photographer Tim Tai and protesters near the Concerned Student 1950 camp on the Mel Carnahan Quadrangle.
Read more: westernjournalism.com
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- Watch: Mother and Daughter Defeat Armed Robber Because They Carry a Gun
- Mugger Shot Down: Girl Shoots Man Trying to Steal Her Purse [VIDEO]
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- Boy Scouts Given a New ‘Politically Correct’ Name
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- SECOND AMENDMENT WIN: Application of Gun Control Act Shot Down by Federal Appellate Court
- EX-CONVICT: Has a Few Choice Words for Cop Haters and It’s EPIC
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- Formerly Known Boy Scouts Loses Over 400,000 Members
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- How Trump is Helping Women Break More Glass Ceilings than Hillary Ever Did
- #WarriorChick: Female University Graduate Carries AR-10 on Campus