A SHOPPING centre has been evacuated after a suspicious device was found in a bin.
The small incendiary device “ignited” at the shopping centre, causing shoppers to be evacuated.
The object “could have caused damage or injury” had it gone off, police have said.
Police were called to the Fishergate Shopping Centre in Preston after a member of the public found the device in the toilets.
The device was being recovered by bomb disposal officers after the alarm was raised at around 9.10am, according to Chief Superintendent James Lee, South Division Commander for Preston.
One shopper, Adam Donnellan, tweeted: “Just been evacuated out of Preston fishergate shopping centre anyone heard anything? People running around like nut jobs.”
Lancashire Police said an evacuation was ordered “as a precaution” and that the shopping would be searched for any other devices to ensure it is “safe and secure” before it is reopened.
Read more: express.co.uk
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- Mugger Shot Down: Girl Shoots Man Trying to Steal Her Purse [VIDEO]
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- Boy Scouts Given a New ‘Politically Correct’ Name
- SECOND AMENDMENT WIN: Application of Gun Control Act Shot Down by Federal Appellate Court
- EX-CONVICT: Has a Few Choice Words for Cop Haters and It’s EPIC
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- Formerly Known Boy Scouts Loses Over 400,000 Members
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?