Rachel Dolezal, the NAACP chapter president who was accused of pretending to be black, said Monday that she would step down.
“Please know I will never stop fighting for human rights and will do everything in my power to help and assist, whether it means stepping up or stepping down, because this is not about me. It’s about justice,” she wrote in a Facebook post.
Dolezal, a professor in the Africana Education Department at Eastern Washington University, has identified herself on official documents as partly black.
Read more: NBC News
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Tragic: Young Boy Attempting to Save Paralyzed Father from Fire Dies
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Three Thugs Were Just Arrested for Stealing Guns in Baton Rouge–Posed ‘Credible Threat’ to Harm Police…
- Watch: Psychologist Leaves Reporter Speechless Defending the Right to Free Speech vs. Someone’s ‘Right’ To Not Be Offended
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- ALERT: Intel Officer Claims Obama Would be First Former President to be Charged with a FELONY if…
- Photo Gallery
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution