In the second major court win for President Obama on his signature health care law, the Supreme Court on Thursday upheld ObamaCare subsidies in states that did not set up their own health care exchanges.
The decision was 6-3.
A ruling against the administration would have threatened subsidies in nearly three-dozen states. For months, though, the administration said it had no back-up plans, confident the Supreme Court would rule in its favor.
The Supreme Court previously upheld the law’s individual mandate in 2012, in a 5-4 decision.
This time, the justices said the subsidies that 8.7 million people currently receive to make insurance affordable do not depend on where they live, under the 2010 health care law.
Chief Justice John Roberts again voted with his liberal colleagues in support of the law. Roberts also was the key vote to uphold the law in 2012. Justice Anthony Kennedy, a dissenter in 2012, was part of the majority on Thursday.
Read more: Fox News
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Man Who Identifies as a Woman Heads to Trial for Sexually Assaulting Little Girl in Bathroom
- 2,800 New Hillary Clinton Emails Recovered Off of Anthony Weiner’s Laptop
- Trump Retaliates After Democrat ‘Fabricated’ Slain Soldier Story — He Has Proof
- ICE Reveals Illegal Alien May Have Caused Devastating California Fires
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Watch: Jeff Sessions Goes Bonkers on Sen. Al Franken Over Russia Collusion
- Actress Jessica Chastain: Hollywood Rallies Against Trump, But Ignores ‘Sexual Predators In Our Offices’
- CNN Commentator: When it Come to Criticizing NFL Players “White People Don’t Get to…”
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- BREAKING: Armed and Dangerous Killer on the Run — At Least 3 Dead
- Sean Diddy Combs Tweets NFL ‘I… Have a Dream’ Message — Far From Martin Luther King Jr.’s Speech
- Joy Behar Forbids Attacks on Comedians Because ‘We’re Important People Right Now’ [WATCH]
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?
- Alleged Sexual Assault Victim of Harvey Weinstein is Suspended from Twitter