Though it reportedly happened months ago, the Obama administration just this morning (Thursday) revealed that two Western hostages held by terrorist kidnappers in Pakistan were killed in a strike on al-Qaeda by a U.S drone. The Wall Street Journal reports that this is “the first known instance in which the U.S. has accidentally killed a hostage in a drone strike.”
“The mishap represents a major blow to the Central Intelligence Agency and its covert drone program in Pakistan, which President Barack Obama embraced and expanded after coming to office in 2009.”
The two hostages reportedly killed in the January incident near the Afghanistan-Pakistan border have been identified as Warren Weinstein, an American, and Giovanni Lo Porto, an Italian. The strike on the suspected terrorist compound is also said to have killed al-Qaeda leader Ahmed Farouq, another American citizen. A separate strike in January reportedly led to the death of American-born al-Qaeda spokesman Adam Gadahn.
A USA Today article on the accidental deaths of the two hostages — both of whom had been held captive for years — notes that President Obama just recently decided to release the information, which had heretofore been classified.
Read more: westernjournalism.com
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Hillary Clinton: Republicans are the ‘Death Party’
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Is Obama At Fault For Otto Warmbier’s Death? Victim’s Father Sheds Some Light On The Former President
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- Insane! Sex Offender Rapes Neighbor’s 7yr-Old Daughter Weeks After Being Released from Prison
- Van Halen Icon Sammy Hagar Bashes Trump Haters, ‘Give Him a Chance’
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show