A man was shot and killed Tuesday night by Redding police after they were called to an apartment complex for a reported shooting.
Police said someone called 911 before 6 p.m. to report a man firing a gun indiscriminately at an apartment complex in the 200 block of Boulder Creek Drive just north of Lake Boulevard.
Redding police Lt. Pete Brindley said several officers arrived at the apartment and tried to negotiate with him.
The man was not identified by police. Police heard from a witness that the man had been making incoherent statements and yelling about President Obama, Brindley said. He said police weren’t able to negotiate with the man.
Shortly after 6 p.m. numerous gunshots could be heard throughout the neighborhood.
“He came in and out of the apartment, we believe, 10 to 15 times. The last time the subject exited the apartment, there were shots fired,” Brindley said.
He did not know whether the man fired at the officers and couldn’t say whether the man was brandishing a gun when he came out of the apartment the final time.
None of the officers involved was injured, Brindley said. He did not know how many officers were involved or how many shots were fired. Officers earlier shot beanbag rounds at the man, he said.
The officers were placed on administrative leave and the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the case because Redding police officers were involved in the shooting, Brindley said.
Jason Crawford, who lived across from the man in the complex, said he videotaped the shooting from the window in the front room of his apartment.
The video shows officers setting up around the man’s apartment and attempting to communicate with him.
Read more: redding.com
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- EX-CONVICT: Has a Few Choice Words for Cop Haters and It’s EPIC
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- FLASHBACK: When Trump Said McCain Was NOT a War Hero–He Was RIGHT
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- PRINCESS OR QUEEN: THE 11 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DATING A GIRL VS A WOMAN