A man was shot and killed Tuesday night by Redding police after they were called to an apartment complex for a reported shooting.
Police said someone called 911 before 6 p.m. to report a man firing a gun indiscriminately at an apartment complex in the 200 block of Boulder Creek Drive just north of Lake Boulevard.
Redding police Lt. Pete Brindley said several officers arrived at the apartment and tried to negotiate with him.
The man was not identified by police. Police heard from a witness that the man had been making incoherent statements and yelling about President Obama, Brindley said. He said police weren’t able to negotiate with the man.
Shortly after 6 p.m. numerous gunshots could be heard throughout the neighborhood.
“He came in and out of the apartment, we believe, 10 to 15 times. The last time the subject exited the apartment, there were shots fired,” Brindley said.
He did not know whether the man fired at the officers and couldn’t say whether the man was brandishing a gun when he came out of the apartment the final time.
None of the officers involved was injured, Brindley said. He did not know how many officers were involved or how many shots were fired. Officers earlier shot beanbag rounds at the man, he said.
The officers were placed on administrative leave and the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the case because Redding police officers were involved in the shooting, Brindley said.
Jason Crawford, who lived across from the man in the complex, said he videotaped the shooting from the window in the front room of his apartment.
The video shows officers setting up around the man’s apartment and attempting to communicate with him.
Read more: redding.com
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Watch: Psychologist Leaves Reporter Speechless Defending the Right to Free Speech vs. Someone’s ‘Right’ To Not Be Offended
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Tragic: Young Boy Attempting to Save Paralyzed Father from Fire Dies
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Three Thugs Were Just Arrested for Stealing Guns in Baton Rouge–Posed ‘Credible Threat’ to Harm Police…
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- ALERT: Intel Officer Claims Obama Would be First Former President to be Charged with a FELONY if…
- Photo Gallery
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- WALK OF SHAME: ISIS Commander Forced to Walk Nude to His Execution
- Harpy Feminist Cries Dunkirk is too ‘Manly’
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats