A man was shot and killed Tuesday night by Redding police after they were called to an apartment complex for a reported shooting.
Police said someone called 911 before 6 p.m. to report a man firing a gun indiscriminately at an apartment complex in the 200 block of Boulder Creek Drive just north of Lake Boulevard.
Redding police Lt. Pete Brindley said several officers arrived at the apartment and tried to negotiate with him.
The man was not identified by police. Police heard from a witness that the man had been making incoherent statements and yelling about President Obama, Brindley said. He said police weren’t able to negotiate with the man.
Shortly after 6 p.m. numerous gunshots could be heard throughout the neighborhood.
“He came in and out of the apartment, we believe, 10 to 15 times. The last time the subject exited the apartment, there were shots fired,” Brindley said.
He did not know whether the man fired at the officers and couldn’t say whether the man was brandishing a gun when he came out of the apartment the final time.
None of the officers involved was injured, Brindley said. He did not know how many officers were involved or how many shots were fired. Officers earlier shot beanbag rounds at the man, he said.
The officers were placed on administrative leave and the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the case because Redding police officers were involved in the shooting, Brindley said.
Jason Crawford, who lived across from the man in the complex, said he videotaped the shooting from the window in the front room of his apartment.
The video shows officers setting up around the man’s apartment and attempting to communicate with him.
Read more: redding.com
- A Furious Mike Pence Takes on McCain After Senator Saved Obamacare [WATCH]
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Japan Prepares for Mass Evacuation as Kim Jong-un Becomes More Unhinged
- Kimg Jong-un Replies to Trump: Plans to “Tame” the President with “Fire”
- BYE-BYE: UC Berkeley Loses Major Donor, Says It’s ‘For My Safety’
- Hillary Clinton is ‘Done With Being a Candidate’
- WATCH: US Open Champion Sloane Stephens When Asked if She has New ‘Hunger’ to Win More Games Gives Hilarious Answer — Endorses Capitalism
- DANG: Black Trump Girls are Bullied by MSNBC and Their Comeback is HILARIOUS [Video]
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Not So Sharp: Masked Robbers Attempt to Hold Up Bar Filled With Policemen
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- DOJ Will Not Investigate IRS for Targeting Conservative Groups
- ‘WHY DOVES CRY’: Madonna’s Underwhelming Tribute Performance for PRINCE has the Internet EXPLODING [VIDEO]
- Millennial Chick Mocks Hillary, Writing Book on ‘How To Pretend Like You’re a Winner, When You’re Actually…’ [WATCH]