Donald Trump said Friday that winning the endorsement of former rivalBen Carson is part of his effort to unite the party around his still-contentious candidacy.
“It adds total credence to what I’m trying to,” Trump said in introducing Carson during a news conference Friday morning.
The retired neurosurgeon who dropped out of the Republican race last week said there are “two Donald Trumps:” The one you see on stage, and the more “cerebral,” private person who will start to emerge as the fall campaign approaches.
“He is actually a very intelligent man who cares very deeply about America,” Carson said.
Read more: USA Today
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- ‘Caravan’ of Refugees Climb U.S.-Mexico Border While Chanting, “Yes We Can!”
- Bad Parents: Baby Found Starved Nearly To Death By Lazy Parents
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- Trump Ends Worst Obama-Era Policy: ‘America will not be held hostage to nuclear blackmail.’
- FBI HITS MOTHER-LOAD: Found 650,000 Clinton Emails On Weiner’s Computer — Warrant Obtained
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump