Donald Trump said Friday that winning the endorsement of former rivalBen Carson is part of his effort to unite the party around his still-contentious candidacy.
“It adds total credence to what I’m trying to,” Trump said in introducing Carson during a news conference Friday morning.
The retired neurosurgeon who dropped out of the Republican race last week said there are “two Donald Trumps:” The one you see on stage, and the more “cerebral,” private person who will start to emerge as the fall campaign approaches.
“He is actually a very intelligent man who cares very deeply about America,” Carson said.
Read more: USA Today
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Actors Blame Trump for Hawaii False Alarm — Jim Carrey “We are headed for suffering beyond all imagination.”
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Insane! Man Faces Jail Time for ‘Disturbing’ Manatees by Throwing Bucket of…
- Sessions Has HARSH Message for ‘Dreamers’ — Will Send Them CRYING Back to Mexico
- Rand Paul: Donald Trump was ‘Large Financial Backer’ of Haiti Mission Trips When he Was Private Citizen [Watch]
- Watch: Chelsea Manning is Running for Senate and the Campaign Ad Will Make You Cry with Laughter
- Parents Shackled Thirteen Children to Bed — Starving Them and Forcing to Recite the Bible