Protesters blocked traffic on Congress Parkway in the Loop during Chicago’s Tuesday morning rush hour, demonstrating against the treatment of immigration families.
Protesters chained themselves together and firefighters were on the scene to cut the chains. Demonstrators also were standing on ladders and sitting in the street with linked arms, chanting things such as “Unafraid, unafraid” along with groups of people standing on the sidewalk.
According to a statement, the group, led by Organized Communities Against Deportations (OCAD), is calling for an end to all raids against immigrant families. The group said that other demonstrators were planning to read a declaration inside the nearby federal Regional Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Field Office.
Read more: abc7chicago.com
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Little Girl was Going to Attend Daddy-Daughter Dance Alone, Until This Soldier Showed Up
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- GARY SINISE SHUTS DOWN LARRY KING: On Gun Control in the CLASSIEST Way Possible and We Love It [WATCH]
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall
- Watch: ‘Blue’ is the Best Documentary Against the Green Movement — Proves How They are Destroying the Earth
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer