Chicago’s mayor and police superintendent will announce Wednesday that every police officer who responds to service calls will be equipped with a Taser and properly trained to use it by June 1, a spokesman for the mayor said.
The announcement, scheduled to be made at 2 p.m. CT (3 p.m. ET), will be part of a major overhaul in Chicago Police Department policy, mayor’s spokesman Adam Collins said.
It comes as Chicago officials scramble to deal with what critics have slammed as a police culture of “shoot first and ask questions later.”
In the latest incident, police shot and killed Chicago teen Quintonio LeGrier and his 55-year-old neighbor, Bettie Jones.
Police commissioner steps down amid protests
After that incident, Mayor Rahm Emanuel cut short a vacation in Cuba and returned to Chicago.
Read more: CNN
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- Media Bias and Anti-NRA Protests Causes Massive Spike in NRA Membership
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- Here Are the Students Not Walking Out of School for Gun-Control
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- Watch: DREAMer Goes After Pelosi and Schumer, Thanks Trump Instead
- BREAKING: FBI Files Linking Hillary Clinton to SUICIDE of White House Council Vince Foster Go MISSING
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Computer Glitch Mistakenly Releases THOUSANDS of Prisoners too Early in This State
- JOHN PODESTA: The Man Whose Emails Damaged Hillary’s Campaign Says There is Something ‘Deeply Broken’ With the FBI