Gov. Chris Christie’s announcement on Friday that he was endorsingDonald J. Trump startled the political world. But every political marriage involves a bit of calculation, and in this case, each man has much to gain from the alliance.
What Mr. Christie Gains
There is nothing more painful or humbling for a presidential candidate than returning to an old, humdrum job. The phone doesn’t ring. The lights are not so bright.
Now Mr. Christie is back where he wants to be — in the headlines, shaking up a political story, newly enlisted to campaign across the country and soon to be overwhelmed with news media requests. Look for him to become a regular again on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” and to forget, for now, about New Jersey’s credit rating downgrades.
It is difficult to overstate how angry Mr. Christie remains about the party’s embrace of Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, whom the governor regards as an unqualified lightweight.
Read more: NY Times
- CNN Reporter Claims School Shooting Survivor Colton Haab is a Liar
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- Thinking Past Step 1: Other Policy Changes to Improve School Security
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Report: Father ‘Chained His Twin Daughters in Home, Raped Them and Fathered Their Children’
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- VIDEO: Texas High School Plans on Suspending Students Protesting Gun Rights
- Nurse Caught on Camera Laughing as WWII Vet Dies Gasping for Breath
- WATCH: Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon Just Performed the Most Epic Lip Sync Battle
- Busted: Chick Tries Framing Cop for Sexual Harassment, Then His Body-Cam Footage was Released
- BLUBBER BUTT MOORE: #MichaelMoore Demands America to ‘Disarm the Police’
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- President Trump Hammers #MeToo Movement — Do You Agree With Him?
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Still Believes ‘Macho Atmosphere’ & ‘Sexism’ is Why Hillary Clinton Lost
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- The cop-killer bullet myth
- Religion Of Peacer RAPES Little Girl, Years Later She Returns … With A VENGEANCE