The theme music from Harrison Ford’s movie ‘Air Force One’ blared over loudspeakers in a rural Tennessee airport hangar, and minutes later a less presidential noise wafted over a hot mic.
‘Get in the plane and go home. It’s over there. Go home.’
That was Donald Trump, the Republican presidential front-runner, telling his newest endorser Chris Christie in front of 12,000 people exactly where to go and how to get there.
Christie had just sung The Donald‘s praises following the dramatic entrance of his plane in a stunt the campaign invented a month ago in Dubuque, Iowa.
And more importantly, he had trashed Marco Rubio.
The boyish Florida senator who has given Trump his share of heartburn in recent days, Christie told thousands clumped shoulder-to-shoulder, ‘said he’s gonna work as hard as he can as long as he can to win the Republican nomination.’
‘That would be something new for Marco Rubio – to show up to work at all!’
‘How about a refund, Senator Rubio?’ he asked of the senator who has skipped more hearings on Capitol Hill than he’s attended in five years on the job.
Christie and Trump had strode down a set of tarmac stairs from what Rubio now calls ‘Hair Force One’ to the strains of Marc Cohn’s ‘Walking in Memphis,’ a hat tip to the music city just a half hour’s drive away.
A deafening roar set the scene. Christie knocked young Marco out of the park. And then Trump showed him the back of his hand.
It was, as one Twitter wag opined, ‘the political equivalent of leaving the money on the nightstand.’
A Trump spokesperson did not respond to requests for an explanation.
Hours later, however, Trump social media director Dan Scavino tweeted that Trump had told Christie ‘to go home (as was planned) to be with family tonight.’
‘Being blown out of proportion, BIG LEAGUE!!,’ Scavino added.
Christie actually stuck around for Trump’s speech, but the impact of a 9-second video clip of Trump sending him off rocketed around the Internet in mere seconds.
Trump is laboring to provide voters a set of stark contrasts – between career politicians and businessmen, between public servants on the take and altruistic populists.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- NBA Star Charles Barkley Disses Confederate Statue Obsession — Tells Black Community to Focus on These 3 Things Instead
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- Watch: President Trump Issues New Threat to North Korea, ‘Things Will Happen to Them Like They Never Thought Possible’
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- Rosie O’Donnell Apologizes to Tyrant Kim Jong-un for President Trump’s Behavior… [VIDEO]
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- EDEN: A True Story of Sex Slavery in Nevada
- Watch: Protesters Destroy Confederate Monument in North Carolina to ‘Smash White Supremacy’
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]