The theme music from Harrison Ford’s movie ‘Air Force One’ blared over loudspeakers in a rural Tennessee airport hangar, and minutes later a less presidential noise wafted over a hot mic.
‘Get in the plane and go home. It’s over there. Go home.’
That was Donald Trump, the Republican presidential front-runner, telling his newest endorser Chris Christie in front of 12,000 people exactly where to go and how to get there.
Christie had just sung The Donald‘s praises following the dramatic entrance of his plane in a stunt the campaign invented a month ago in Dubuque, Iowa.
And more importantly, he had trashed Marco Rubio.
The boyish Florida senator who has given Trump his share of heartburn in recent days, Christie told thousands clumped shoulder-to-shoulder, ‘said he’s gonna work as hard as he can as long as he can to win the Republican nomination.’
‘That would be something new for Marco Rubio – to show up to work at all!’
‘How about a refund, Senator Rubio?’ he asked of the senator who has skipped more hearings on Capitol Hill than he’s attended in five years on the job.
Christie and Trump had strode down a set of tarmac stairs from what Rubio now calls ‘Hair Force One’ to the strains of Marc Cohn’s ‘Walking in Memphis,’ a hat tip to the music city just a half hour’s drive away.
A deafening roar set the scene. Christie knocked young Marco out of the park. And then Trump showed him the back of his hand.
It was, as one Twitter wag opined, ‘the political equivalent of leaving the money on the nightstand.’
A Trump spokesperson did not respond to requests for an explanation.
Hours later, however, Trump social media director Dan Scavino tweeted that Trump had told Christie ‘to go home (as was planned) to be with family tonight.’
‘Being blown out of proportion, BIG LEAGUE!!,’ Scavino added.
Christie actually stuck around for Trump’s speech, but the impact of a 9-second video clip of Trump sending him off rocketed around the Internet in mere seconds.
Trump is laboring to provide voters a set of stark contrasts – between career politicians and businessmen, between public servants on the take and altruistic populists.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Millions Of Gun Owners About To Be Criminals Starting July 1st
- CNN Employees Resign After Fake News Scandal
- North Korea Claims They’re the ‘Victim’ in Otto Warmbier’s Death
- Snowflake Alert! University Now Has ‘Emotional Risk’ Assessment For Student Events
- BREAKING: Republicans Delay Health Care Vote, Not Enough…
- Smug Thug Smirking While Widow Testifies During Murder Trial is Destroyed by Judge [Watch]
- Student Going to Jail for Registering Dead People as Democratic Voters
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- WaPo Publishes Fact-less Story Thomas Jefferson ‘Celebrated Ramadan’
- London Women Targeted for Continuous Acid Attacks
- ISIS Forces Sex Slave to EAT Her 1yr-Old Son
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- EXCLUSIVE: American Patriot & [email protected] Chuck Taylor Discusses Defensive Handgun Shooting [WATCH]