Security is being ramped up across the United States as citizens begin to celebrate the July 4 weekend.
The Department of Homeland Security and the FBI have issued a bulletin to 18,000 law enforcement agencies nationwide to be on alert, warning that ISIS sympathizers may try to stage attacks.
U.S. Park Police Chief Robert MacLean has said: ‘Our nation is under threat, our law enforcement, our military are under threat, so we take the threat seriously.’
The FBI has set up commander centers in 56 of all its field offices across the United States to monitor any potential terrorist threats.
The move comes amid growing fears that the terror group ISIS is working to awaken sleeper cells in Western nations, after sympathizers were linked to three back-to-back attacks in France, Kuwait and Tunisia last Friday.
While the FBI says there has been no specific credible threat so far, it seems to be more active in its warnings and actions ahead of Independence Day this year than previously.
And some incidents have already sparked concerns among the general public.
Bryan Scott Wolfinger, a 25-year-old sergeant, sparked panic at Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville, North Carolina last night when he was allegedly spotted wandering through the mall armed.
Fayetteville Police have now charged him with ‘going armed to the terror of the public’ after it was claimed he had simply arrived to have his photo taken and posed no threat.
On Thursday an Army soldier was arrested and charged after he was caught walking through a shopping mall with an assault rifle, ammunition and bulletproof vest.
On the same day there was chaos in Washington D.C. following reports of an active shooter at a naval yard.
But the threat turned out to be a false alarm.
The U.S. Air Force has already cancelled planned Independence Day celebrations at a Norfolk RAF base due to the increased risk of a Jihadi terror attack.
The two-day festival was due to be hosted by U.S crew based in RAF Lakenheath and Mildenhall, home to the 48th Fighter Wing at the nearby RAF Feltwell in Norfolk.
On Thursday, Daily Mail Online revealed the 30 people who have already been arrested this year on U.S soil in a crackdown on ISIS sympathizers.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Robert De Niro Exclaims ‘F**k you, Donald Trump’ During Charity Event — Plans to Prevent the President From…
- The Man Obama Rescued: Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Pleads Guilty to…
- WATCH: Hillary Clinton Greeted by a Swarm of ‘Boos’
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- Awkward: Compilation Video of Celebrities Thanking Harvey Weinstein Goes Viral [WATCH]
- Conceal Carrier Avoids Deadly Armed Robbery With One Quick Move [WATCH]
- WATCH: Nancy Pelosi Goes on Tirade Against Trump’s Executive Order, Busted for Not Reading It [LOL]
- Report: Hillary Might Teach at Columbia — Social Media Explodes With Hilarious Reaction
- ‘Taliban’ Hostages Return Home Revealing Gruesome Details — Reason Why They Were in Afghanistan Still Suspicious [Video]
- Vegas Shooting Survivor: ‘One week I was running from bullets, the next I was running from fire’
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- Gun Grabbing ‘Logic’: Dianne Feinstein Claims Constitution Does NOT Protect Conceal Carry — All 40 Million Americans She Represents Would Never Want a… [VIDEO]
- Hunting Map Reveals to Outdoorsmen and Women the Best Game to Hunt in Every State
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- When the Creatures of WALMART are Photographed…