Security is being ramped up across the United States as citizens begin to celebrate the July 4 weekend.
The Department of Homeland Security and the FBI have issued a bulletin to 18,000 law enforcement agencies nationwide to be on alert, warning that ISIS sympathizers may try to stage attacks.
U.S. Park Police Chief Robert MacLean has said: ‘Our nation is under threat, our law enforcement, our military are under threat, so we take the threat seriously.’
The FBI has set up commander centers in 56 of all its field offices across the United States to monitor any potential terrorist threats.
The move comes amid growing fears that the terror group ISIS is working to awaken sleeper cells in Western nations, after sympathizers were linked to three back-to-back attacks in France, Kuwait and Tunisia last Friday.
While the FBI says there has been no specific credible threat so far, it seems to be more active in its warnings and actions ahead of Independence Day this year than previously.
And some incidents have already sparked concerns among the general public.
Bryan Scott Wolfinger, a 25-year-old sergeant, sparked panic at Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville, North Carolina last night when he was allegedly spotted wandering through the mall armed.
Fayetteville Police have now charged him with ‘going armed to the terror of the public’ after it was claimed he had simply arrived to have his photo taken and posed no threat.
On Thursday an Army soldier was arrested and charged after he was caught walking through a shopping mall with an assault rifle, ammunition and bulletproof vest.
On the same day there was chaos in Washington D.C. following reports of an active shooter at a naval yard.
But the threat turned out to be a false alarm.
The U.S. Air Force has already cancelled planned Independence Day celebrations at a Norfolk RAF base due to the increased risk of a Jihadi terror attack.
The two-day festival was due to be hosted by U.S crew based in RAF Lakenheath and Mildenhall, home to the 48th Fighter Wing at the nearby RAF Feltwell in Norfolk.
On Thursday, Daily Mail Online revealed the 30 people who have already been arrested this year on U.S soil in a crackdown on ISIS sympathizers.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo Tries Peddling False Report on Buying an “AR-15 in Five Minutes”
- No Liberals, America is NOT the Worst Western Country When it Comes to Mass Shootings
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- One School has Armed Their Staff with Guns After Florida Shooting — Good Idea?
- Billy Graham’s Final Message to the World Before He Passed Away
- President Trump Believes Teachers Should be Armed to “Immediately” Shoot Sickos — Do You Agree?
- WATCH: Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart and Jimmy Fallon Just Performed the Most Epic Lip Sync Battle
- IT’S RACIST: CNN Anchor Calls for the Removal of the Jefferson Memorial Because…
- President Trump Hammers #MeToo Movement — Do You Agree With Him?
- Lutheran Church Celebrates Transgender Pastor’s Transition, Throws a ‘Renaming’ Ceremony
- Sex Robot Conference Proposes Child Sex Bots to ‘Cure’ Pedophilia
- Artist Who Painted Obama’s Portrait LOVES to Paint White Women Being Beheaded
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]