Security is being ramped up across the United States as citizens begin to celebrate the July 4 weekend.
The Department of Homeland Security and the FBI have issued a bulletin to 18,000 law enforcement agencies nationwide to be on alert, warning that ISIS sympathizers may try to stage attacks.
U.S. Park Police Chief Robert MacLean has said: ‘Our nation is under threat, our law enforcement, our military are under threat, so we take the threat seriously.’
The FBI has set up commander centers in 56 of all its field offices across the United States to monitor any potential terrorist threats.
The move comes amid growing fears that the terror group ISIS is working to awaken sleeper cells in Western nations, after sympathizers were linked to three back-to-back attacks in France, Kuwait and Tunisia last Friday.
While the FBI says there has been no specific credible threat so far, it seems to be more active in its warnings and actions ahead of Independence Day this year than previously.
And some incidents have already sparked concerns among the general public.
Bryan Scott Wolfinger, a 25-year-old sergeant, sparked panic at Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville, North Carolina last night when he was allegedly spotted wandering through the mall armed.
Fayetteville Police have now charged him with ‘going armed to the terror of the public’ after it was claimed he had simply arrived to have his photo taken and posed no threat.
On Thursday an Army soldier was arrested and charged after he was caught walking through a shopping mall with an assault rifle, ammunition and bulletproof vest.
On the same day there was chaos in Washington D.C. following reports of an active shooter at a naval yard.
But the threat turned out to be a false alarm.
The U.S. Air Force has already cancelled planned Independence Day celebrations at a Norfolk RAF base due to the increased risk of a Jihadi terror attack.
The two-day festival was due to be hosted by U.S crew based in RAF Lakenheath and Mildenhall, home to the 48th Fighter Wing at the nearby RAF Feltwell in Norfolk.
On Thursday, Daily Mail Online revealed the 30 people who have already been arrested this year on U.S soil in a crackdown on ISIS sympathizers.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- BREAKING: Barcelona Terrorist Found Wearing an Explosive Belt ‘Screaming Allahu Akbar’ — Has Been Shot Down
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Senator Apologizes for ‘Assassinate Trump’ Comment… Almost a Week Later
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should.
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama