Security is being ramped up across the United States as citizens begin to celebrate the July 4 weekend.
The Department of Homeland Security and the FBI have issued a bulletin to 18,000 law enforcement agencies nationwide to be on alert, warning that ISIS sympathizers may try to stage attacks.
U.S. Park Police Chief Robert MacLean has said: ‘Our nation is under threat, our law enforcement, our military are under threat, so we take the threat seriously.’
The FBI has set up commander centers in 56 of all its field offices across the United States to monitor any potential terrorist threats.
The move comes amid growing fears that the terror group ISIS is working to awaken sleeper cells in Western nations, after sympathizers were linked to three back-to-back attacks in France, Kuwait and Tunisia last Friday.
While the FBI says there has been no specific credible threat so far, it seems to be more active in its warnings and actions ahead of Independence Day this year than previously.
And some incidents have already sparked concerns among the general public.
Bryan Scott Wolfinger, a 25-year-old sergeant, sparked panic at Cross Creek Mall in Fayetteville, North Carolina last night when he was allegedly spotted wandering through the mall armed.
Fayetteville Police have now charged him with ‘going armed to the terror of the public’ after it was claimed he had simply arrived to have his photo taken and posed no threat.
On Thursday an Army soldier was arrested and charged after he was caught walking through a shopping mall with an assault rifle, ammunition and bulletproof vest.
On the same day there was chaos in Washington D.C. following reports of an active shooter at a naval yard.
But the threat turned out to be a false alarm.
The U.S. Air Force has already cancelled planned Independence Day celebrations at a Norfolk RAF base due to the increased risk of a Jihadi terror attack.
The two-day festival was due to be hosted by U.S crew based in RAF Lakenheath and Mildenhall, home to the 48th Fighter Wing at the nearby RAF Feltwell in Norfolk.
On Thursday, Daily Mail Online revealed the 30 people who have already been arrested this year on U.S soil in a crackdown on ISIS sympathizers.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!
- Why We Carry: Man Punches Girl 39 Times in Empty Parking Lot After ‘Laying in Wait’ [WATCH]
- Dude Starts Freaking When Chick Places Snake on His Lap in Most Hilarious Video
- ALERT: US Official Arrested For Giving Chinese Agent Top-Secret…
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- Migrants Kill Motorist by Dragging Tree-Trunks to Stop Traffic, Hijack Cars
- Hillary Clinton & Co. About to be Stripped of Security Clearance
- WATCH: Why Poor People Shouldn’t Run the Economy
- National Security Council Unable to Release Susan Rice Documents Because They’re in Obama’s…
- Protesters Interrupt Trump During Time For Prayer — The President’s Reaction Is Priceless
- Is Obama At Fault For Otto Warmbier’s Death? Victim’s Father Sheds Some Light On The Former President
- Watch: Dude Performs Erotic Drag Show for Elementary & Middle School Kids
- Professor Publishes ‘#LetThemF*ckingDie’ Article About White People, Now Playing The Victim…
- Insane! Sex Offender Rapes Neighbor’s 7yr-Old Daughter Weeks After Being Released from Prison
- Nationwide Manhunt for This POS — Murdered Multiple Women, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Insane! Man Faces Jail Time for ‘Disturbing’ Manatees by Throwing Bucket of…