Florida State University dismissed freshman quarterback De’Andre Johnson from the team on the same day that prosecutors released video showing him punching a woman at a bar.
In a statement Monday, coach Jimbo Fisher announced Johnson’s immediate dismissal. The 19-year-old quarterback had been suspended after the June 24 assault.
In the security camera video released by the State Attorney’s Office, it appears the woman – a fellow student – and Johnson were trying to get a position at the bar inside Yianni’s Nightclub in Tallahassee, and Johnson jostled her.
The woman raises a fist and shouts at Johnson before he grabs her fist and holds it down. She then raises her other hand and swings.
It’s not clear whether she made contact, but Johnson responds by punching her in the face while still grabbing her other hand. She staggers, and her nose begins bleeding.
According to court documents, the woman sustained bruising under left eye, swelling to the left cheek and upper lip, and a small cut near the bridge of her nose.
She claims she raised her fist in self-defense, in an attempt to free her other arm from Johnson’s grip.
Johnson has been charged with misdemeanor battery.
Johnson’s attorney Jose Baez has since released the quarterback’s version of events.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- BREAKING: FBI, DOJ Broke Law in Clinton Email Probe — Inspector General Declares
- VETPAW: Anti-Poaching Unit Shut-Down because this Woman Said…
- Barbara Bush Hating Professor: ‘Why I Can’t Stand White Belly Dancers’
- Pelosi Kicks Off Campaign Season With Perfect Gift to GOP [WATCH]
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- How Trump is Helping Women Break More Glass Ceilings than Hillary Ever Did