Florida State University dismissed freshman quarterback De’Andre Johnson from the team on the same day that prosecutors released video showing him punching a woman at a bar.
In a statement Monday, coach Jimbo Fisher announced Johnson’s immediate dismissal. The 19-year-old quarterback had been suspended after the June 24 assault.
In the security camera video released by the State Attorney’s Office, it appears the woman – a fellow student – and Johnson were trying to get a position at the bar inside Yianni’s Nightclub in Tallahassee, and Johnson jostled her.
The woman raises a fist and shouts at Johnson before he grabs her fist and holds it down. She then raises her other hand and swings.
It’s not clear whether she made contact, but Johnson responds by punching her in the face while still grabbing her other hand. She staggers, and her nose begins bleeding.
According to court documents, the woman sustained bruising under left eye, swelling to the left cheek and upper lip, and a small cut near the bridge of her nose.
She claims she raised her fist in self-defense, in an attempt to free her other arm from Johnson’s grip.
Johnson has been charged with misdemeanor battery.
Johnson’s attorney Jose Baez has since released the quarterback’s version of events.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Nationwide Manhunt for This POS — Murdered Multiple Women, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Actors Blame Trump for Hawaii False Alarm — Jim Carrey “We are headed for suffering beyond all imagination.”
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- WOW: Is Obama FORCING Trump Out of the Oval Office?
- Insane! Man Faces Jail Time for ‘Disturbing’ Manatees by Throwing Bucket of…